XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

photon q unlocking have got questions

Tip us?

Morecrabs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default photon q unlocking have got questions

id like to say iI solved both issues from the previous thread, battery had a small tear in the ribbon causing intermittent connection issues so here's the questions
1. I plan on doing the sim card mod to this unit and was wondering how the mod functioned in the states and what software/boot loader unlocking and or carrier unlocking can be done to accomplish this?

2. I attempted to unlock the boot loader last night and the Motorola website claims the unit is not unlockable the phone is from sprint and it is a photon q late, anyone else have unlocking issues?

3. I am no stranger to hardware modding, but am a ccomparative noob when it comes to boot loader unlocker and or carrier unlocking so advice in this area would be helpful as well, are they different or the same thing?
i

brandontowey
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
2. I attempted to unlock the boot loader last night and the Motorola website claims the unit is not unlockable the phone is from sprint and it is a photon q late, anyone else have unlocking issues?
This is the only thing I can legitimately comment on. I just unlocked my replacement Photon and it took about 7 times of entering the adb id code into the Motorola site to actually get it right. :

- The fact that there are around 22 0's in a row doesn't help, double check your entry a few
- omit anything that isn't a single letter, number, etc (can't remember if they use symbols). The [info] or I think [bootloader] before each line, any spaces, etc.
- save your id and the email with your unlock code. Not sure if you'll need it but you never know

niko99
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecrabs View Post
i got that same before, i ty many times and allways without success, but there is a motorola unlocking tool http://phandroid.com/2013/04/09/moto...ader-unlock-2/ (download link on the bottom)

you must have root , unknow surces checked on and phone in debuging mode after you press run.bat from unziped file

regards
Using a own Droid 3 rom called DROM
http://forum.android.com.pl/showthread.php?t=158868

Morecrabs
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
ok so i was able to acheive root, Fixed the bump shutoffs and fixed the fastboot dropping out issues, and actually managed to unlock the bootloader but now im planning on doing the Cornholio's sim card mod and want to know what software should be flashed b4 i mod the sim slot to flush out the old sprint garabage, also i noticed Cornholio mentioned that the "NV" needed editing to make the unit useable on GSM in the USA networks soo any further info would be very helpful

Morecrabs
Old
(Last edited by Morecrabs; 30th January 2014 at 04:25 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
ok so i messed something up, got cmrcovery installed, an attempted to flash a custom rom, and well, it didnt work, it aborted half way though the installation and left me kinda cold, I can boot into CWM recovery but thats about it soo since this is my first attempt at all this I could use alil direction on how to correct this lil fubar anyone got any Advice?

Edit So phones now fixxed and booting again, Have Cwm version 6013 got the Stable version of cwm and the rom installed correctly and booted So heres the Question Of the Day, how Do i Edit the NV to get this sucker Usable On USA GSM NEtworks?