5,593,458 Members 36,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GT N7100 Phoenix Rom Installation (Newbie Here!)

Tip us?

Nomad81
Old
(Last edited by Nomad81; 15th January 2014 at 02:17 PM.) Reason: Incomplete Information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] GT N7100 Phoenix Rom Installation (Newbie Here!)

I was about to post this question on Tamirda's thread, but I cannot as per XDA forum rules.

Hi XDA, Custom Rom newbie here!

I have a GT-N7100 running on Android 4.3 (N7100XXUEMJ9).

I followed the instructions from Tamirda's thread but cannot seem to install Phoenix Rom. I was able to root my phone using PhilzTouch_6.07.9 and SuperSU. Then i tried to install the zip of the rom using PhilzTouch, as the installation progress, the installation suddenly freezes. I have no idea why? I had tried this twice.

Another question, I read from the same forum to install the MJ5 bootloader, but when I flash it with Odin, it always freezes. I am now running on a rooted stock rom.

What am I doing wrong? I am so eager to install this ROM, help would be very much appreciated.

Thank You.
-Nomad81

puddingoz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default phoenix n7100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad81 View Post
I was about to post this question on Tamirda's thread, but I cannot as per XDA forum rules.

Hi XDA, Custom Rom newbie here!

I have a GT-N7100 running on Android 4.3 (N7100XXUEMJ9).

I followed the instructions from Tamirda's thread but cannot seem to install Phoenix Rom. I was able to root my phone using PhilzTouch_6.07.9 and SuperSU. Then i tried to install the zip of the rom using PhilzTouch, as the installation progress, the installation suddenly freezes. I have no idea why? I had tried this twice.

Another question, I read from the same forum to install the MJ5 bootloader, but when I flash it with Odin, it always freezes. I am now running on a rooted stock rom.

What am I doing wrong? I am so eager to install this ROM, help would be very much appreciated.

Thank You.
-Nomad81
Hello mate, I am a newbie too and I flashed this rom onto my n7100 last week and works great. The problem is the version of Philz recovery is wrong, you MUST use version 5.15 to install this rom or it will freeze. I had the same problem as you but Philz ver 5.15 fixed it , install 5.15 then try flashing bootloader with Odin then install rom, good luck.from oz (THIS ROM IS AWESOME)
The Following User Says Thank You to puddingoz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nomad81
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddingoz View Post
Hello mate, I am a newbie too and I flashed this rom onto my n7100 last week and works great. The problem is the version of Philz recovery is wrong, you MUST use version 5.15 to install this rom or it will freeze. I had the same problem as you but Philz ver 5.15 fixed it , install 5.15 then try flashing bootloader with Odin then install rom, good luck.from oz (THIS ROM IS AWESOME)
Puddingoz,

Thanks mate! I will try it this weekened. I am now using ProBam Rom (Kitkat 4.4.2), everything is fine, but will definitely try Phoenix Rom!