Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 40,896 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Protective Cases with small Form

Tip us?

mikenike500
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Protective Cases with small Form

What would be the best armor/protective case for the G2 with a small size?

Not as big as an Otterbox Defender, nothing bulky...

But not as thing as a thin TPU case...

Looking at the SPIGEN Slim Armor right now, seems appealing but also kind of thin.

sp33dsk8
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I love my slimArmor, It is a bit thin on the face side but that's where I have the iLoome Flex glass protector on. Hopefully in a drop the iLoome cracks and my screen stays in one piece.

sropedia
Old
Thanks Meter 57
If you want less than the defender then try the otterbox commuter. I have it for mine and I don't regret it at all, very reasonable thickness with a nice lip on the front for a case this protective, plus none of the button problems that seem to plague the defender series

Sent from my G2

mikenike500
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp33dsk8 View Post
I love my slimArmor, It is a bit thin on the face side but that's where I have the iLoome Flex glass protector on. Hopefully in a drop the iLoome cracks and my screen stays in one piece.
I'm really into having front face protection.

mikenike500
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Has anyone had the Incipio Dual Pro case?

It seems appealing.

Fastbird
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenike500 View Post

It seems appealing.
I will be in a couple of weeks.
Motorola Droid ---> HTC Rezound ---> LG G2

Haesslich
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:

It seems appealing.
It's a very thin case, with almost zero rim. Thinner than the Slim Armor, if the photos of the latter are correct. Like 1mm of rim, which is barely that tall. The only cases with less rim that I've seen are the official QuickWindow case and maybe the Feather.

woundedworld
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:

It seems appealing.
I bought it for my wife's Verizon G2, the pink one. It is a very good case, a good mix of protection and being slim. The plastic back has a matte finish a has a slight grip to it.So nice in fact, I just bought the white one for my newly purchased G2.

liteon163
Old
(Last edited by liteon163; 5th February 2014 at 05:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
My Verizon LG G2 came with a white/grey Incipio DualPro case. My initial feeling toward it is that the silicone is too flexible and pulls too easily away from the top and bottom front faces of the phone. While putting the outer shell on the phone, it felt like the case just wouldn't be stiff enough, but now that it's on the shell isn't so bad. The case has decent grip, but the white color of the outer shell picks up color from your pocket (or whatever else it rubs up against for a bit). I really like how the rear buttons are covered up, yet actually easier to use because of the more pronounced power button bulge.

On my previous phone (a Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII) I regularly used a pebble blue TPU case from Belkin, but also had a blue Otterbox Commuter for when I'd go camping and hiking. I quite liked the Commuter and will compare the Incipio DualPro against it.

I've been using a Diztronic matte black TPU case for the last week (my first full week with the device). Now I've switched over to the Incipio to check it out. I'll give it as long as I can stand it and will post back here.

TITANote2LTE
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Anyone checkout or have experience with the trident cyclops case for the g2? I used it on my moto x, for the protection it offered, really didn't have much bulk, was thinner then the commuter. Found a good deal on a g2 cyclops thinking on checking it out.

Sent from my g2 using Tapatalk