ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Red Exclamation Triangle when trying to boot to recovery

OP unkle_77

30th January 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I've spent hours scouring these forums for this answer and I can't figure this out and need help. I had a flash go bad and caused me to hang at the LG logo. I followed the instructions on how to revert to stock and after several attempts and methods, I managed to get to a Verizon boot loop after flashing the 12b kdz. Then using the tot method, I got the 11a to work. So, now I am back to stock and re-rooted with ioroot20.

Now no matter what I do, I cannot boot to CWM recovery. Please help. All I can get is the Android laying on his side with an exclamation point inside a red triangle.
30th January 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #2  
simon_lefisch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 389
 
1,404 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkle_77

I've spent hours scouring these forums for this answer and I can't figure this out and need help. I had a flash go bad and caused me to hang at the LG logo. I followed the instructions on how to revert to stock and after several attempts and methods, I managed to get to a Verizon boot loop after flashing the 12b kdz. Then using the tot method, I got the 11a to work. So, now I am back to stock and re-rooted with ioroot20.

Now no matter what I do, I cannot boot to CWM recovery. Please help. All I can get is the Android laying on his side with an exclamation point inside a red triangle.

Since you flashed back to stock, the restore process restored stock recovery (dead android with red exclamation). You need to reinstall a custom recovery.

Sent from chdhsheh fhhdud
30th January 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I've done that several times. The way I am doing it is through clockwork and just letting it download. Is there another way I should be doing it?
30th January 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #4  
scram99's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
150 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Use freegee from the play store to install twrp or cwm...

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
30th January 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #5  
simon_lefisch's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 389
 
1,404 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkle_77

I've done that several times. The way I am doing it is through clockwork and just letting it download. Is there another way I should be doing it?

You can use the adb file in ioroot to flash your recovery. Adb will verify if your recovery has been flashed properly.

Use one of these files

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48879826

And follow this guide

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=45713343

Option one is the best/safest

Sent from chdhsheh fhhdud
Last edited by simon_lefisch; 30th January 2014 at 02:23 PM.
30th January 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by scram99

Use freegee from the play store to install twrp or cwm...

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

That worked! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. What a simple solution.

What does that do different than installing through CWM?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes