5,596,179 Members 34,084 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Freedompop free service. Anyone have success with tehir Epic 4g?

Tip us?

ggoomani
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Question Freedompop free service. Anyone have success with tehir Epic 4g?

http://gigaom.com/2013/11/19/got-an-...reemium-plans/

I tried to register with my old epic 4g, which was working fine with Sprint, but kept getting a "device not supported yet" message. However, I see articles and epic 4g touch users who have had success in registering their devices.

Anyone else have luck with freedompop and this device? If so, please share any tips. Thanks!

vwags
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Never heard of this but I have 6 Epics on Ting and using Google voice for most texts and Wi-Fi a lot my bill is around$100 to $125. If I used only Wi-Fi based call text and data it costs $36 plus taxes. Just a thought. If you are interested let me know and we can both get a referral bonus

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

te jaq
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I can confirm service works. I bought a phone off craigslist and had it working within a couple hours. I have some issue with Freedompop inaccurate data tracking and not sure calls use wifi, but otherwise works pretty slick. Replaced freedompop messaging with csipsimple.

New to Samsung and modern android phones, but started on FK23?, now on GB27, next will try CM10.1 to get rid of all this awful Sprint/Samsung business.

fz600
Old
(Last edited by fz600; 10th December 2013 at 07:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default epic 4g on freedompop?

[/COLOR]There was a list of phones confirmed working for freedompop, but although the epic 4g was on it I've tried numerous times and always get the "SNAP" message the device is not supported.
My ESN is clean.
I think they are overwhelmed and so restricted signups to only three phone models to reduce the volume of signups.

just a theory.......

Anybody else succeed with the epic 4g (NOT the epic touch)????

ggoomani
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fz600 View Post
[/COLOR]There was a list of phones confirmed working for freedompop, but although the epic 4g was on it I've tried numerous times and always get the "SNAP" message the device is not supported.
My ESN is clean.
I think they are overwhelmed and so restricted signups to only three phone models to reduce the volume of signups.

just a theory.......

Anybody else succeed with the epic 4g (NOT the epic touch)????
I tried again with my MEID.. But got the same message as last month:

"Snap, looks like we do not currently support your phone model, but we will let you know when we add it."

bobwonderful
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoomani View Post
I tried again with my MEID.. But got the same message as last month:

"Snap, looks like we do not currently support your phone model, but we will let you know when we add it."
I'm on Ting with my Samsung S4 and deactivated my Epic 4G Touch recently. I am looking at Freedompop with their Free plan, and used my MEID and it accepted it, however I didn't sign up yet. So I am not sure why your phone doesn't work. You may need to check with Sprint to see if it was properly deactivated.
[Phone] Samsung S4 -Ting - PACman 4.4.2 nightly build 20040311 Baseband: MKA

[Phone]- Epic 4G Touch: SPH-D710
[ROM] - PAC rel.23 Android 4.2.2 PA 3.6 AOKP d710_jb-mr1_milestone1
[Kernel] -3.0.64-CM-g679bed6
[CyanogenMod] - CM10.1.0RC5-d710
[Recovery]- CWM ver. 6.0.3.3
[Radio] - FI27

Mr_You
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderful View Post
I'm on Ting with my Samsung S4 and deactivated my Epic 4G Touch recently. I am looking at Freedompop with their Free plan, and used my MEID and it accepted it, however I didn't sign up yet. So I am not sure why your phone doesn't work. You may need to check with Sprint to see if it was properly deactivated.
There has been no exact technical explanation, but word on the street is that they're "not supporting" the Epic 4G. Only Galaxy S2 Epic Touch and others.