Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Working AOSP IR remote

Tip us?

bouvrie
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuanHong View Post
all unbrand tv, im tried to learn remote control signal and its worked very well.. only aircond cannot work even succeed learnt.. i think there are some miss out for aircond like temperature in sony stock remote apps..
So, you're saying that you can confirm that there are cases where Sony's Remote Control App's "Manual Setup" feature says it learns the IR command successfully, and then is also able to replicate that command to the device successfully?

And with the same device, it sometimes also states it learned the command successfully, while infact pressing the button doesn't seem to replace that command to the target device?
Owner of a Sony Xperia ZL with Infrared support broken right out of the box. Support failed me once and twice in my case. Like so many others. Shame on you Sony, I'm NOT a happy camper.

ChuanHong
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouvrie View Post
So, you're saying that you can confirm that there are cases where Sony's Remote Control App's "Manual Setup" feature says it learns the IR command successfully, and then is also able to replicate that command to the device successfully?

And with the same device, it sometimes also states it learned the command successfully, while infact pressing the button doesn't seem to replace that command to the target device?

Yea my case is I stay 3 hotel are unbranded tv and not in preset remote. I personally learn the signal from its remote control and succeed to use it. Only on TV. Others device never tried yet.

bouvrie
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Yea my case is I stay 3 hotel are unbranded tv and not in preset remote. I personally learn the signal from its remote control and succeed to use it. Only on TV. Others device never tried yet.
I was wondering because I know many people experience problems with the remote IR learning feature. In an attempt to get to the bottom of this, I was wondering if your case could be special.

However, in the meantime I received word that Xperia ZL units manufactured before week 18 of 2013 have a hardware production fault that prevents proper IR learning. I have yet to receive a working ZL (I sent it in for repair twice already).

For anyone in the same boat, check out the link in my sig.
Owner of a Sony Xperia ZL with Infrared support broken right out of the box. Support failed me once and twice in my case. Like so many others. Shame on you Sony, I'm NOT a happy camper.
The Following User Says Thank You to bouvrie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ChuanHong
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouvrie View Post
I was wondering because I know many people experience problems with the remote IR learning feature. In an attempt to get to the bottom of this, I was wondering if your case could be special.

However, in the meantime I received word that Xperia ZL units manufactured before week 18 of 2013 have a hardware production fault that prevents proper IR learning. I have yet to receive a working ZL (I sent it in for repair twice already).

For anyone in the same boat, check out the link in my sig.
many?! mean how many? Probability more than 50%?? Probably i'm lucky. And i have to mentioned im only had try to learn the TV remote control which cant found the Present Brand or TV in preset settings.. I learned and succeed to control the hotel TV. I had tried air conditioner which is failed to me.

ZXR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
And i have to mentioned im only had try to learn the TV remote control which cant found the Present Brand or TV in preset settings.. I learned and succeed to control the hotel TV..
So IR learning works on your device. What's the manufacturing date of your ZL?

ChuanHong
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXR View Post
So IR learning works on your device. What's the manufacturing date of your ZL?
Sorry how to check it? I know I bought it at June.

ZXR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Sorry how to check it? I know I bought it at June.
You can find the date when unfolding the label where the SIM and the SD are. Mine is from 13W06 and IR learning does not work.

ChuanHong
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXR View Post
You can find the date when unfolding the label where the SIM and the SD are. Mine is from 13W06 and IR learning does not work.
Last month just change motherboard and battery. Now is 13W43