Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 49,856 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Gsmar Roma R2 support?

Tip us?

lockdalf
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Question [Q] Gsmar Roma R2 support?

I am about to change phones this week and I have this Gsmart in sights. I would like to know if it would be able to run Themer. According to specs it sports following:

MTK6572 chipset
Mali400 GPU
1GB RAM
4" IPS 800x480 screen at 220-something dpi

I have not held the phone in hand yet but from images online it looks like it has soft keys.

I wanted to try Themer from the start but alas my current phone is way out of the specs for it to run (poor old Samsung Galaxy mini at 3.2' 240x320 screen) so I would rather get a phone that is able to run it...

ThemerSupport
Old
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdalf View Post
I am about to change phones this week and I have this Gsmart in sights. I would like to know if it would be able to run Themer. According to specs it sports following:

MTK6572 chipset
Mali400 GPU
1GB RAM
4" IPS 800x480 screen at 220-something dpi

I have not held the phone in hand yet but from images online it looks like it has soft keys.

I wanted to try Themer from the start but alas my current phone is way out of the specs for it to run (poor old Samsung Galaxy mini at 3.2' 240x320 screen) so I would rather get a phone that is able to run it...
For now the Galaxy S2 is supported, and that has roughly the same specifications, however that doesn't have soft keys. So chances are Themer is not going to work. We are working on supporting more devices soon though. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.

lockdalf
Old
(Last edited by lockdalf; 23rd January 2014 at 12:14 PM.) Reason: found the answer...
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemerSupport View Post
For now the Galaxy S2 is supported, and that has roughly the same specifications, however that doesn't have soft keys. So chances are Themer is not going to work. We are working on supporting more devices soon though. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Well, according to this image ( http://www.mojandroid.sk/wp-content/...Roma_R2_12.jpg) and unboxing videos on youtube, the keys are visible even if the phone is turned off. similar to Samsung's HW home button. So it seem that Gsmart has no HW button but has instead touch keys. But are those considered soft keys? As I understand it, soft keys are actually part of the devices screen? Am I right?

If so that it would mean the the phone has 'native" resolution of 480 x 800 without those additional 54 pixels of height reserved for keys and I should be able to run themer... Please say my understanding is correct...

Never mind, I just found the explanation for soft keys on the support site. These are definitely not what is considered soft keys... So I am looking forward to trying themer on my new phone next week...

Thread can be considered solved and it can be closed...

lockdalf
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
I have just returned with the new phone and guess what was the first app I needed to try... Yes, Themer and it is running so far without a problem so I will keep on playing around and see if I find any issues.

So at least some good news for guys with phones with similar specs..

ThemerSupport
Old
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdalf View Post
I have just returned with the new phone and guess what was the first app I needed to try... Yes, Themer and it is running so far without a problem so I will keep on playing around and see if I find any issues.

So at least some good news for guys with phones with similar specs..
That's great to hear! Thanks lockdalf!
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.
Tags
gsmart, mtk 5672, support, themer