Post Reply

[Q] Scale UI ...

OP antharestm

28th January 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Can someone pls tell me how can i make let's say Resurrection Remix look like SlimKAT ? (interface is smaller and icons are small)
Last edited by antharestm; 28th January 2014 at 03:56 PM.
28th January 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag It's up to you :D
Thanks Meter: 111
 
421 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antharestm

Ca someone pls tell me how can i make let's say Resurrection Remix look like SlimKAT ?

Both look similar as both are AOSP rom

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
28th January 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #3  
iceyhotguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 724
 
715 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antharestm

Can someone pls tell me how can i make let's say Resurrection Remix look like SlimKAT ? (interface is smaller and icons are small)

The difference is that by default SlimKAT has a lower DPI than other AOSP ROMs.
All AOSP ROMs run on 240 DPI while SlimKAT comes on 180.

All you need to do is edit build.prop file in /system folder
In build.prop you need to find and alter this line
ro.sf.lcd_density=240
Just find and change the value of 240 to 180 (or 160,170,190,200 etc, larger value, larger icons but don't go too low, stick to 150 minimum)

Manual steps, if you need them...
Follow these steps, and this applies to all ROMs,

1. Install a Root Explorer. I'll be using ES Explorer.
2. Give it root permission to access the Root Explorer mode.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES01.png
Views:	32
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	2544752
3. Click the Root Explorer to get the following menu, and choose "MOUNT R/W" to mount /system partition in read/write mode.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES02.png
Views:	31
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	2544753Click image for larger version

Name:	ES03.png
Views:	29
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	2544754
4. Navigate to /system folder to find build.prop
Click image for larger version

Name:	ES04.png
Views:	34
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	2544755
5. Copy and paste it somewhere as a backup

Now you have two options, either Open and Edit it right there or copy build.prop to your PC and edit it using any utility like Notepad++.
If you use your PC to edit the file, you will have to copy and overwrite the original file with rw--r--r-- permissions (can be found by selecting build.prop in ES and selecting it's properties).

NOTE: /system will go back to Read only mode after each reboot, if you get any error unable to edit/copy build.prop you probably haven't mounted the /system partition as R/W.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iceyhotguy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Thanx alot for the info ! can u pls tell how do i change the icons size ?
30th January 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #5  
iceyhotguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 724
 
715 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antharestm

Thanx alot for the info ! can u pls tell how do i change the icons size ?

The DPI will automatically change the icons size unless the launcher you are on has it's own settings for it.

The Google Launcher (or KitKat launchers) are known to make the icons blurry on too low DPI, and still keep the icons a little big.
Some launchers like Next Launcher have inbuilt settings for editing icons, like changing their display size.
Other launchers make the icons smaller when you increase the grid-size for the home-screen and the app-drawer

There is no system mod that I know of that makes your icons smaller, the DPI makes room for more icons to fit in and then it's upto the launcher to use it.
30th January 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyhotguy

The DPI will automatically change the icons size unless the launcher you are on has it's own settings for it.

The Google Launcher (or KitKat launchers) are known to make the icons blurry on too low DPI, and still keep the icons a little big.
Some launchers like Next Launcher have inbuilt settings for editing icons, like changing their display size.
Other launchers make the icons smaller when you increase the grid-size for the home-screen and the app-drawer

There is no system mod that I know of that makes your icons smaller, the DPI makes room for more icons to fit in and then it's upto the launcher to use it.

Thank you very much ! I took your advice and installed Nova Launcher.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes