Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,126 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Americansied contact info?

Tip us?

DocSoton
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Americansied contact info?

Quite surprised and a bit annoyed that the contact info, in particular the Address field, is Americanised... I cant even add our Post Code into the Zip Code as its a numeric field only! Is there a way to change this, or define my own fields?

Its almost as bad as not seeing English (United Kingdom) and only English (American) when installing software... there's a difference between the two, and surely the clue is in the name itself!

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1389

DONATE TO ME
Haven't come across it myself, always had English (United Kingdom) as an option. What firmware?
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

DocSoton
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Haven't come across it myself, always had English (United Kingdom) as an option. What firmware?
My language options are set to UK etc.. but if I go into Contacts, and look at the Address Fields, I have State, Zip Code.. etc I did wonder wheterht is was a generic android thing but my mates HTC says County, Post Code...

Ill check software version.. but it is an EU handset and Ive just recently received the kitkat update...

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1389

DONATE TO ME
OK, just tried to add an address in myself, have the same issue! I hadn't checked after the KK update, however my old addresses are still showing up OK. FFS Samsung and their stupidity again

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

alom5
Old
Thanks Meter 173
I have just tried it and you can add the postcode when you enter a new contract. When hi go to edit it, it only gives you the numbers option on the keyboard... Stupid 👎

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

y2kkingboy
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I'm running CM and I can add whatever in the zip field, editing an existing contact or adding a new one.

alom5
Old
Thanks Meter 173
We're talking on kit Kat mate.... It worked prior to kit Kat ....but not now....

y2kkingboy
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by alom5 View Post
We're talking on kit Kat mate.... It worked prior to kit Kat ....but not now....

CM11 is kit kat.

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1389

DONATE TO ME
He means Official 4.4.2 with the new boot loader, CM runs on Jelly Bean's boot loader aka MJ7/Mk2.

UK postcode has letters and numbers ie: N1 6YU - When entering Address info we can only type american zip codes ie: 939393 which is no good to us.

The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

y2kkingboy
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
He means Official 4.4.2 with the new boot loader, CM runs on Jelly Bean's boot loader aka MJ7/Mk2.

UK postcode has letters and numbers ie: N1 6YU - When entering Address info we can only type american zip codes ie: 939393 which is no good to us.
Bootloader has little to do with the software. So the topic is about software capability and Samsung apparently locks it.