Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 50,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XT910 bricked help pls

Tip us?

lawrrtan
Old
(Last edited by lawrrtan; 23rd January 2014 at 07:12 AM.) Reason: additional
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default XT910 bricked help pls

Guys , I just got a RAZR Xt910 from my friend. I tried flashing a new ROM though I think it was a bad error flash , I still rebooted the system. Then now its bricked. Cant access my clockworkmod recovery to restore the rom i backed up also. So I tried to so the fastboot process ? I tried to fix it through RSD and downloaded the the necessary XML file but it was an error just for first step. Is this still fixable ? I'm also low in battery. Can't charge the phone since it doesn't have a software or rom. Any help would be great. Been stuck two days

agung_gitaris86
Old
Thanks Meter 6
first use factory cable to charge it... and then manually install OS using fastboot
hope it work

lawrrtan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by agung_gitaris86 View Post
first use factory cable to charge it... and then manually install OS using fastboot
hope it work
Do I have to charge it first ? Is that why it says can't program ? I has battery still.

Why can't I manually flash a ROM in recovery mode ? I can access the recovery mode just to flash a zip. But all the Roms that I flash is error ? E: signature failed ?

Nikorasu
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Make sure it's the right rom. You can't flash XT912 roms on XT910. You also can't flash ICS on JB upgraded razrs.

reachking
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Smile Motorola Factory cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrrtan View Post
Guys , I just got a RAZR Xt910 from my friend. I tried flashing a new ROM though I think it was a bad error flash , I still rebooted the system. Then now its bricked. Cant access my clockworkmod recovery to restore the rom i backed up also. So I tried to so the fastboot process ? I tried to fix it through RSD and downloaded the the necessary XML file but it was an error just for first step. Is this still fixable ? I'm also low in battery. Can't charge the phone since it doesn't have a software or rom. Any help would be great. Been stuck two days
Hi,
You need a factory cable. It is not easy to solder but if you really want to you can! like me
Just search my posts you will find out the thread about factory cable.
Good luck soldering and flashing your phone.
Happy new lunar year!