Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 53,118 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HELP!] Backup HTC 8x locked

Tip us?

zibonzi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [HELP!] Backup HTC 8x locked

hi, I changed the unlock code o my htc 8x but i don't remember it. I tried to do a backup of my personal data but i cannot do it without unlock the phone. is there a way to make a backup without unlocking the phone?

dxdy
Old
Thanks Meter 1655

DONATE TO ME
Each school costs. make hard reset and kiss goodbye everything from your phone

Next time do not forget to set the backup settings to regularly save what you want to SkyDrive or download the WP application and when you connect your phone to make an automatic backup to your computer.
HTC HD2 * download Pdaimatejam ROM's + radio's
WP7 ROM Install Tutorial v2.5
Battery saving tricks for HD2

Change Live account region - https://live.xbox.com/AccountMigration

Gmail/Google settings, sync and calendar under WP7.8

My devices: Nokia Lumia 920 developer unlocked, HTC HD2 (sold), GoClever TAB T76 GPS TV

I spent half my money on computers, smartphones, alcohol and girls... The other half I wasted. (modern version of W.C. Fields quote)

hutchinsane_
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I agree, you have to reset. There's just no way that I know of where you could keep your data. Sorry.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2645
Well, it takes a while, but you could try just trying different codes (although you will have to wait through several timeouts if you fail too many times). There are only 10000 possible options, the vast majority of people use less than 2% of those options (200-ish), and surely you have *some* idea what the new code is, assuming this is legitimately your phone...
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.