Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,963 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official CM 11 nightlies are rolling

Tip us?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1389

DONATE TO ME
Well you'd have to Odin back to 4.3 and then install cwm or twrp for jellybean 4.3 -- and if you want to use cwm or twrp on kitkat you'd have to Odin back to it and install the version for kitkat

Edit basically custom recoveries are different for each version (4.4 and 4.3) you'd have to switch the versions to match what OS you are on
Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)

skadude66
Old
Thanks Meter 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
Well you'd have to Odin back to 4.3 and then install cwm or twrp for jellybean 4.3 -- and if you want to use cwm or twrp on kitkat you'd have to Odin back to it and install the version for kitkat

Edit basically custom recoveries are different for each version (4.4 and 4.3) you'd have to switch the versions to match what OS you are on
Oh okay. Honestly I just want CM11 lol. So I just want instructions on how to do that..

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1389

DONATE TO ME
Install cwm or twrp - download temaseks rom or probam or even the basic cm (temaseks rom and custom kernel is excellent for battery life btw!) - then flash as you would like a custom rom via custom recovery

// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AlecRobertson
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Latest nightly seems to always default to CDMA, so you get no reception on GSM. This is reset on every reboot.

Using Three UK...

springer.music
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecRobertson View Post
Latest nightly seems to always default to CDMA, so you get no reception on GSM. This is reset on every reboot.

Using Three UK...
I'm on the latest nightly (Jan 29) and I get full reception on GSM (made/received several calls today). You may have changed some sort of setting without noticing. I don't known whether clearing cache and data of the Dialler app could help (the dialler has some CDMA-specific settings).

I would also clear both cache and Dalvik cache in recovery just to be on the safe side.

dec74n
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Went from the unofficial cm11 to official, everything worked great for me except tapped out, sadly being a daily player had to go back to the unofficial one for now, i sure hope they fix that soon, as my proximity sensor seemed to work better on cm11 now too, last tried the 27/01/14 build
Tags
kitkat, nightlies