XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Omega v18 TW VZW - WIP New Safestrap Safe Rom

Tip us?

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermintkitty View Post
Could someone please help me? I have been trying to install the Omega ROM and every time I use the "Restore" function, it seems to work great, but after booting up I am simply shown a black screen. The blue power indicator light is solid (also abnormal) and the screen is "lit" so I know its on, but I don't get any indication of the Rom starting. No lion coin as others have mentioned.
Any advice?
I'm on an SGH-i537 (the S4 Active, I know its different from S4 but Omega has been confirmed working) with SS 3.65.... Is the problem that I need to switch to SS 3.7 or 3.71? I just finished installing some other roms so I'm hoping I don't have to change everything. I did also try the "normal" version of Omega v18, installing it the normal way, and same thing. What if I used v17, would that install on SS 3.65?

Thank you so much and I apologize as I am still somewhat new to all of this
You need to load your kernel module if you are safestrap and isn't this version based on 4.3 andriod? If so you need ss 3.71 and be sure firmware is updated to the your 4.3 android.

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven
S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94

peppermintkitty
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
You need to load your kernel module if you are safestrap and isn't this version based on 4.3 andriod? If so you need ss 3.71 and be sure firmware is updated to the your 4.3 android.

Thank you so much. Do I have to update to 4.3 for SS 3.7?

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermintkitty View Post
Thank you so much. Do I have to update to 4.3 for SS 3.7?
Probably. .if the rom is 4.3 base; ss needs to be 3.71 and the phone base build needs to be 4.3 if you aren't a mdk phone

S4 powered by hashcode 3.71 safestrap HYPERDRIVE 15 by Sbreen94

peppermintkitty
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
Probably. .if the rom is 4.3 base; ss needs to be 3.71 and the phone base build needs to be 4.3 if you aren't a mdk phone

Thanks again. I'm wanting to stay on 4.2.2 for now so I guess I will try and search out an Omega version for that!

SwiftLeeO
Old
(Last edited by SwiftLeeO; 29th January 2014 at 03:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Default Thanks

I just wanted to thank you for what your doing. I just bought my Verizon Galaxy S4 a few weeks ago and at first it was great. I'm not exactly the only one who can't stand touchwiz, so I decided it was time to root, install a

custom recovery, and get the ball rolling like I have with my previous android phones. I was disappointed to hear that the bootloader is locked. I mean sure there is a developer version, but really; the average consumer is

going to buy a 2 year contract and get the phone "cheaper". It's an injustice that we are basically being forced to either use stock "software" if you want to call it that. I'd rather call it bloatware. Otherwise, we are risking our

warranty and that is normal, but the fact that we can't even install custom recovery because the bootloader is locked is ridiculous. Sure, if you want to take away my warranty because I installed a custom recovery and

flashed a rom or a kernel, thats one thing. It's another to void my warranty and tell me that I still can't do what I want with my phone. Anyways, back to my main point. I think its great that developers such as yourself and

sbreen94 are working with what you have to help out the average guy/girl who expects to be able to do something with their phone. Keep it up
The Following User Says Thank You to SwiftLeeO For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tulsadiver
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Nice Rom. Foxhound is great too. Thanks for your work!