FORUMS

Devs Beware – Automatic Backup Privacy Risks

One new feature of “Android M” (speculation on potential names welcomed … more

Android M to Bring New App Drawer

It has now been seen that Android M will receive a new app drawer as part of the stock … more

Which IO Announcement Are You Most Excited About?

The keynote we had all been waiting for has just ended and it’s time to enjoy … more

Google Launches Google Photos At I/O 2015 Keynote

While rumors have been floating around for a while, the Google I/O 2015 has made … more

Moto G 4.4.2 launcher?

Thanks Meter: 73
 
By NocturnalDroid, Senior Member on 23rd January 2014, 08:07 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello, I've recently updated my Moto G to OTA update 4.4.2, I'm in the UK, and it doesn't seem to have everything? The launcher still seems like standard launcher and the icons haven't changed much at all? Is this the way it's supposed to be? Is it a Motorola thing? I know that I can install the Google Experience Launcher as a standalone sideloaded app but surely I thought the whole point in the Kit Kat update was to include it?

Help?
 
 
23rd January 2014, 08:11 PM |#2  
tatazeuz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturnalDroid

Hello, I've recently updated my Moto G to OTA update 4.4.2, I'm in the UK, and it doesn't seem to have everything? The launcher still seems like standard launcher and the icons haven't changed much at all? Is this the way it's supposed to be? Is it a Motorola thing? I know that I can install the Google Experience Launcher as a standalone sideloaded app but surely I thought the whole point in the Kit Kat update was to include it?

Help?

This has been said a lot, but here I go.
GEL is officially supported *ONLY* by the Nexus 5. The rest of us must live with side loading.
KitKat point isn't the launcher, but immersive mode, transparencies and accessibility options.
Side loading works awesome on the Moto G though.
24th January 2014, 10:54 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
You can use Nova beta, with the transparencies enabled (you can install gel apk too but icons dpi is wrong)

Inviato dal mio XT1032 con Tapatalk 4
30th January 2014, 01:07 PM |#4  
diecast's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
On 4.4.2 the stock launchers lags a lot ! In 4.3 i didnt have this problem! I factory reset even hard reset but nothing happened!

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
30th January 2014, 02:06 PM |#5  
MelquiXDA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Use nova launcher

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oilsw.launcher
Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
30th January 2014, 02:10 PM |#6  
jaset_uk's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast

On 4.4.2 the stock launchers lags a lot ! In 4.3 i didnt have this problem! I factory reset even hard reset but nothing happened!

I haven't had any performance issues with the stock launcher after upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4.2, fwiw.
30th January 2014, 02:59 PM |#7  
diecast's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaset_uk

I haven't had any performance issues with the stock launcher after upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4.2, fwiw.




My stock launcher is slow and it lags when scrolling through pages of drawer and homescreen


Quote:
Originally Posted by MelquiXDA

Use nova launcher

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oilsw.launcher
Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Ι already have nova on moto g!


Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes