XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Knock Knock - Tap tap to wake on ZU

Tip us?

abdallahmemon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Knock Knock - Tap tap to wake on ZU

My phone is currently running everything stock , I am considering rooting my device !
one of the primary reason is to get the knock knock - double tap to wake and sleep the device .
the question is , is it possible to get it on the ZU after rooting .
Hopefully there are no issues rooting ZU on 4.3 , if any please mention
thank you

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 481

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdallahmemon View Post
My phone is currently running everything stock , I am considering rooting my device !
one of the primary reason is to get the knock knock - double tap to wake and sleep the device .
the question is , is it possible to get it on the ZU after rooting .
Hopefully there are no issues rooting ZU on 4.3 , if any please mention
thank you
search is your friend
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

Justin^Tan
Old
Thanks Meter 32
i havent seen any knock2 to wake that works on z ultra. care to point the link sir?

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 481

DONATE TO ME
Ok, maybe I should have said search is my (or the collective forum) friend, as the question has been asked and answered several times that there is no knock/knock to wahe port for the XZU
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5450
We'll get the "double-tap-to-wake" feature in the 4.4 update according to the latest Sony 4.4 screenshots leak (xperiablog.net).

I DO NOT RUN A SUPPORT LINE THROUGH PERSONAL MESSAGES,
SO PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT HELP (*COUGH* UNLESS I KNOW YOU *COUGH*).

THANK YOU, AND PLEASE HAVE A COOKIE ON YOUR WAY OUT.

abdallahmemon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin^Tan View Post
i havent seen any knock2 to wake that works on z ultra. care to point the link sir?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether View Post
Ok, maybe I should have said search is my (or the collective forum) friend, as the question has been asked and answered several times that there is no knock/knock to wahe port for the XZU

The idea came my mind when i read that the knock knock feature was ported to HTC ONE through flashing something , so I thought if this could be done for the XZu it would be awesome !
and since I am coming from the jailbreak family i couldn't do much research about the true capabilities of rooting !

neverborn
Old
Thanks Meter 17
It's not Knock Knock, BUT:

I use the Gravity Screen app. On stock settings, it will turn off your display when you cover the proximity sensor and you tilt the device a certain angle, like when you're putting it in your pocket.

It will wake it up again once the prox sensor detects that nothing's covering it, like when you take it out of a pocket, or flip open a wallet case. You can play with the different settings to make it work however you want.

In my case, I've set it up so that if my phone is lying on the table, I can just tap/hover a finger (or palm/entire hand) over the proximity sensor and the screen will activate. Just like Samsung's implementation, or indeed Knock Knock. In my case though, it just takes one...knock.

No more wear on the power button. For turning the screen off, I use the Screen Off app (double tap with Nova's gestures). Or if I'm putting the phone in my pocket, the screen turns off automatically once the top part goes down a certain angle.

Hope this helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neverborn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abdallahmemon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverborn View Post
It's not Knock Knock, BUT:

I use the Gravity Screen app. On stock settings, it will turn off your display when you cover the proximity sensor and you tilt the device a certain angle, like when you're putting it in your pocket.

It will wake it up again once the prox sensor detects that nothing's covering it, like when you take it out of a pocket, or flip open a wallet case. You can play with the different settings to make it work however you want.

In my case, I've set it up so that if my phone is lying on the table, I can just tap/hover a finger (or palm/entire hand) over the proximity sensor and the screen will activate. Just like Samsung's implementation, or indeed Knock Knock. In my case though, it just takes one...knock.

No more wear on the power button. For turning the screen off, I use the Screen Off app (double tap with Nova's gestures). Or if I'm putting the phone in my pocket, the screen turns off automatically once the top part goes down a certain angle.

Hope this helps.
Thank you , will surely try this app and work my way around this