5,606,347 Members 32,928 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted note II and knox counter

Tip us?

mrmuddy
Old
(Last edited by mrmuddy; 29th January 2014 at 11:33 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rooted note II and knox counter

Hey everybody,

I have a rooted N7100 on stock 4.3. I used triangle away and the normal counters are back to factory default. However the knox warranty void flag has been triggered.

Three questions:

- I'd like to receive OTA updates. But it looks like the knox flag is getting checked since I get "Your software has been mofified.." while checking for updates. Is there any way at all to remove the knox flag on a rooted note 2 with stock 4.3?

- If the question to above is a no, would flashing stock rom/bootloader all the way again patch the knox flag?

- If I'd like to flash my phone with the latest stock rom, I'm assuming the device gets wiped? Is there anything that'd let me backup my settings/files/apps/texts and have it restored once I flash the new rom? (I'm not sure if Titanium is the right software for this).

PS: My wararntly is long gone, but I'd like to have OTAs without having the phone wiped (like how I used to) OR manually flash the new stock ROMs without losing data. Any ideas?

Please help me out.

Thanks!

Ba7oU
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have an issue with a modified status with a stock ROM, my device keep to say modified without root, I find out that the status revert back to normal without the SD Card.

It is to annoying to triangle away, disable root, remove sd card and update with ota. Now I download the update on Sammobile and I update with Mobile Odin.

zepp3lin
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba7oU View Post
I have an issue with a modified status with a stock ROM, my device keep to say modified without root, I find out that the status revert back to normal without the SD Card.

It is to annoying to triangle away, disable root, remove sd card and update with ota. Now I download the update on Sammobile and I update with Mobile Odin.
Why bother at all, when your phone is no more warranty, 0 or 1 does not make a difference when u send in for repair, Samsung will still charge you for the service repair job.

Ba7oU
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Haha you're right, today I have a dual boot with 2 custom ROM. **** da police.

But I gave one OTA solution for the OP.