Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 41,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help! wont turn on or go into recovery

Tip us?
 
awdlexusis
Old
#1  
awdlexusis's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 578
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: colorado
Default help! wont turn on or go into recovery

I can't seem to get my nook he plus to turn on after I try to do a hard reboot I get a small green and purple square in the middle of screen that stays for like 5 seconds then it just turns off .any ideas?
SeNt FrOm My BlAzInG fAsT GaLaXy S5.
 
thh420
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jan 2014
i have the same thing happening to me. i did get it to show the nook logo, then black screen for a second, then cyanogenmod then reboot.

i only got it to do that after having it charge for 3 hours.

i swear i will have EVERYTHING password protected from now on, since some little nephew of mine was monkeying around with it before it started this.
 
leapinlar
Old
#3  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3549
Posts: 8,096
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdlexusis View Post
I can't seem to get my nook he plus to turn on after I try to do a hard reboot I get a small green and purple square in the middle of screen that stays for like 5 seconds then it just turns off .any ideas?
What you are seeing is the nook trying to repair itself with stock recovery (it is going into recovery, stock recovery). It is apparently not successful in completing the repair.

Have you tried a bootable CWM SD? Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature to make one.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
awdlexusis
Old
#4  
awdlexusis's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 578
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
What you are seeing is the nook trying to repair itself with stock recovery (it is going into recovery, stock recovery). It is apparently not successful in completing the repair.

Have you tried a bootable CWM SD? Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature to make one.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
Thank you! I thought I did.is that where you burn the image on the sd? If so I did that before I had this problem
SeNt FrOm My BlAzInG fAsT GaLaXy S5.
 
leapinlar
Old
#5  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3549
Posts: 8,096
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdlexusis View Post
Thank you! I thought I did.is that where you burn the image on the sd? If so I did that before I had this problem
Yes that is what you do. Will it boot to that card?

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
awdlexusis
Old
#6  
awdlexusis's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 578
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
Yes that is what you do. Will it boot to that card?

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
No it will not .can't even get to recovery .
SeNt FrOm My BlAzInG fAsT GaLaXy S5.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Draw a Line and Let Your Device Do the Rest with LineitApp

Over the years, since evenbefore Android entered the scene, we have striven to … more

[APK] Chrome Beta 37 Brings First Traces of Material Design

With Android L on the horizon, it’s no surprise that Google’s … more

Immersive Mode on Unrooted Devices with GMD Full Screen Immersive Mode

Everyone likes screen real estate–no question about that. The … more

Android Wear App Review: EchoWear Song Search – XDA Developer TV

Yesterday on XDA Developer TV, Producer AdamOutler tore down a Samsung … more