[Q] HP touchpad miracast

Search This thread
Jan 30, 2014
I have looked everywhere, but cannot find somebody stating that they have an android build that supports miracast (also known as screen mirroring). I have also installed many different nightly builds, and cannot find one that supports it :(

From what I have read, I believe that the hardware will work with it, but miracast has to be implemented in the OS. Does anybody know if there is an Android version for touchpad that supports miracast, or if one of the developers are working on it?

Thanks ahead of time for all replies! :D

Bristow69

Oct 3, 2013
Lyon
I tried yesterday with my Touchpad on CM11 (Milaq Rom) and my Sony TV (with Miracast) and it does not work. Tonight i will try with a Nexus 7 (2103).

But, maybe it's a problem with CM11 Rom...

Reactions: sickysickybrah
Jan 30, 2014
I tried yesterday with my Touchpad on CM11 (Milaq Rom) and my Sony TV (with Miracast) and it does not work. Tonight i will try with a Nexus 7 (2103).

Miracast definitely works with the 2013 nexus 7. I would provide the link, but I don't have enough posts to link on xda forums.

Its under Settings > Device > Display > cast screen

I have a stationary bike in a room with no cable connection, and have been using miracast through my phone to watch shows and movies, but a tablet would be so much better! I'm really trying to hold off on buying a new tablet until the mullins processors are out or there are decent windows tablets with good graphics and battery life that aren't so pricey (like the razer edge). Thanks for the reply!

TheMARTHP

Feb 13, 2014
Miracast definitely works with the 2013 nexus 7. I would provide the link, but I don't have enough posts to link on xda forums.

I have a stationary bike in a room with no cable connection, and have been using miracast through my phone to watch shows and movies, but a tablet would be so much better! I'm really trying to hold off on buying a new tablet until the mullins processors are out or there are decent windows tablets with good graphics and battery life that aren't so pricey (like the razer edge). Thanks for the reply!

In Flintmans Evervolv rom there is Cast screen in settings under display, but I don't have any hardware to test it with...

Jan 30, 2014
In Flintmans Evervolv rom there is Cast screen in settings under display, but I don't have any hardware to test it with...

I have a miracast hdmi dongle that works flawlessly with my Galaxy Note 2. I will test it this week and reply back with the answer. Can you post a link or state which version of his rom you see the "cast screen" option in? i.e. android 4.4

thanks!

TheMARTHP

Feb 13, 2014
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2523609

Screenshot_2014-02-17-20-05-44_zpse328bac4.png

Last edited:

TheMARTHP

Feb 13, 2014
You're welcome, I was wondering what this functionality was, so actually you cleared that up for me.

Report back if it works please, would be nice for future use when I own such a dongle

Jan 30, 2014
You're welcome, I was wondering what this functionality was, so actually you cleared that up for me.

Report back if it works please, would be nice for future use when I own such a dongle

I just loaded and tested the cast screen option and it doesn't work. :crying:

If I get enough posts I will ask in flintman's thread and ask if he plans on getting cast screen to work. I will post again if it ever does :good:

TheMARTHP

Feb 13, 2014
I will post this for you in Flintmans Evervolv nondata thread

Are you sure this is for Miracast though and not Chromecast?

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2014
I will post this for you in Flintmans Evervolv nondata thread

Are you sure this is for Miracast though and not Chromecast?

Yes, I purchased the Belkin Miracast adapter. It definitely works with the "screen mirroring" function on my Galaxy note II. That function is most definitely miracast. If Flintman needs a tester for the cast screen option, I will be happy to be that person.

TheMARTHP

Feb 13, 2014
Yes, I purchased the Belkin Miracast adapter. It definitely works with the "screen mirroring" function on my Galaxy note II. That function is most definitely miracast. If Flintman needs a tester for the cast screen option, I will be happy to be that person.

This was Flintmans answer in the Evervolv nondata thread at least:

"Unsure as i havent looked to deep into it"

Seems other stuff getting first attention as better BT support and overclocking etc, as Miracast will only afffect a real small number of users. But who knows maybe it works in his next release expected somewhere coming weekend.

Jan 30, 2014
This was Flintmans answer in the Evervolv nondata thread at least:

"Unsure as i havent looked to deep into it"

Seems other stuff getting first attention as better BT support and overclocking etc, as Miracast will only afffect a real small number of users. But who knows maybe it works in his next release expected somewhere coming weekend.

Right-it's not as popular a feature as BT, but it's pretty awesome once you use it. Thanks for asking

TheMARTHP

Feb 13, 2014
I can imagine, especially as TP has no HDMI out. When it is up and running I'll buy such a Belkin miracast dongle too

biggtyme42

Jul 3, 2008
I hate to post on an old thread but I have been looking everywhere and this is the newest conversation I could find on this topic. Has anyone found a rom for the touchpad that supports miracast yet?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.