FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more
Thread Deleted Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Alright so I've been doing research online this week and haven't been able to fix it so I'm coming to you guys. I'll give you a little background to hopefully help speed up this process.

So about 3 weeks ago I rooted my Sprint LG Optimus G after having it for almost a year to get some better performance and battery life out of it. After getting it all setup, I noticed a huge difference and was even able to watch the movie Flight and two episodes of Family Guy off Netflix and my battery still lasted 9 hours that day.

Well last weekend after uninstalling some Google apps I soft bricked my phone. Thanks to the help of sawdey21 on the IRC I was able to get it back up and running with LGNPST. After getting it running, I switched launchers (from Holo to Nova) and also unlocked mine phone via FreeGee with TWRP. Since then, my battery life has been terrible. To give you a reference it took my phone 8 hours to fully charge last night while it was off (although since I unlocked it I have a new charging animation and after a few seconds of the animation, instead of shutting the screen off like it use to it now just goes to a black screen but is still on as you can see the brightness. It never shuts off). After unplugging it, an hourly later I was down almost 15% after just listening to music and after 4.5 hrs its at 30% and I just plugged it in. Today I have done nothing but listen to music and just period check/browse my phone.

Is it possible that the bricking messed up my battery? Or the unlock? I switched back to the previous Holo launcher I was using before and it made no difference. I've also unistalled several apps I downloaded since the bricking I thought could be causing it.

Has anyone ran into this or could help? My next step is to boot back into Download Mode and try LGNPST again. I would post pics of Battery Settings, WakeLocker and BetterBatteryStats but I can't since I'm a new comer.

Thanks!
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread