Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ How To ] Browser Bookmark Sync Issues

Tip us?

Sitruc-G1
Old
(Last edited by Sitruc-G1; 28th January 2014 at 09:45 PM.) Reason: More appropriate title and overall more sensical
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [ How To ] Browser Bookmark Sync Issues

This is my first ever post on XDA...

I found an interesting situation where after installing Beanstalk 4.4.200 and pa-gapps-mini, my android browser bookmark sync was gone. All I could see is "Local" in the browser not the additional bookmarks from my Chrome account. Just to make sure I went to Settings > Accounts > Google > you@google.com, the Browser option is not there! So, I updated to the newest version of Beanstalk (4.4.225) and grabbed the gapps posted by the OP (gapps-kk-20131208.zip). Still, no solution. I tried searching everywhere and found no solution.

Then, I found that there is an APK that takes care of this called ChromeBookmarksSyncAdaptor.apk
I stumbled upon it by digging into the zip file for pa-gapps-full. It should be under the gapps location: system > app > ChromeBookmarksSyncAdaptor.apk
I pulled it out of the pa-gapps-full package, put it on my Infuse SDCard (thank you Dropbox!), and installed it by using Root Browser to copy the apk file into /system/app

After a reboot, the option to Sync in the Android accounts area is there. I just had to check it. Now I can see Chrome bookmarks in my Android browser.

PA-gapps thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942

Thought I'd share incase anyone else ran into this problem.

Has anyone else seen this issue? If so, how did you resolve it?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sitruc-G1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AZTX
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs up Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitruc-G1 View Post
This is my first ever post on XDA...

I found an interesting situation where after installing Beanstalk 4.4.200 and pa-gapps-mini, my android browser bookmark sync was gone. All I could see is "Local" in the browser not the additional bookmarks from my Chrome account. Just to make sure I went to Settings > Accounts > Google > you@google.com, the Browser option is not there! So, I updated to the newest version of Beanstalk (4.4.225) and grabbed the gapps posted by the OP (gapps-kk-20131208.zip). Still, no solution. I tried searching everywhere and found no solution.

Then, I found that there is an APK that takes care of this called ChromeBookmarksSyncAdaptor.apk
I stumbled upon it by digging into the zip file for pa-gapps-full. It should be under the gapps location: system > app > ChromeBookmarksSyncAdaptor.apk
I pulled it out of the pa-gapps-full package, put it on my Infuse SDCard (thank you Dropbox!), and installed it by using Root Browser to copy the apk file into /system/app

After a reboot, the option to Sync in the Android accounts area is there. I just had to check it. Now I can see Chrome bookmarks in my Android browser.

PA-gapps thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2397942

Thought I'd share incase anyone else ran into this problem.

Has anyone else seen this issue? If so, how did you resolve it?
Thank you for this post! It works like a charm!