[Solved] Soft Brick HTC One (M7ul) Recovery won't boot

Tip us?

Davidpearl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
Use ARHD 31.6 (because it's inline with your firmware 3.62.401.1), then use rumrunner to get S-Off
ok cool so I am sorting that out now - downloading ARHD 31.6.

I have backed up my current firmware in CWM and also backed up all my pas in titanium backup.

anything else I need to do before putting the Image on my phone and installing it?

nkk71
Old
(Last edited by nkk71; 30th January 2014 at 04:58 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidpearl View Post
ok cool so I am sorting that out now - downloading ARHD 31.6.

I have backed up my current firmware in CWM and also backed up all my pas in titanium backup.

anything else I need to do before putting the Image on my phone and installing it?
sounds good, while downloading, i'd copy them to PC, just in case.

If rumrunner still fails on Windows (it shouldnt, but just in case), use the Ubuntu Live USB.... i did it last week and worked from the first time

let me look for the thread....

EDIT: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=46
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Davidpearl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
sounds good, while downloading, i'd copy them to PC, just in case.

If rumrunner still fails on Windows (it shouldnt, but just in case), use the Ubuntu Live USB.... i did it last week and worked from the first time

let me look for the thread....

EDIT: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=46
Cheers buddy - both titanium and Stock Backups are copied to my pc so just waiting for 36.1 to download and give it a go.

I will keep you updated.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2132
Quote:
Cheers buddy - both titanium and Stock Backups are copied to my pc so just waiting for 36.1 to download and give it a go.

I will keep you updated.
no problem, i'm off for a few hours, check back later, good luck

feel free to hit the thanks button
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2132
Quote:
I will keep you updated.
back for a little while, progress

Davidpearl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
back for a little while, progress
Success!!!! - S is no OFF!!!!! had to move over to my windows machine as I think there may have been an issue with Mac Bootcamp and windows 7.

So what can I do now? I am going to remove the tampered flag and would like to hop onto kitkat - would you recommend moving to kitkat as you mentioned to go to 4.3 and not up to 4.4?

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2132
Quote:
Success!!!! - S is no OFF!!!!! had to move over to my windows machine as I think there may have been an issue with Mac Bootcamp and windows 7.

So what can I do now? I am going to remove the tampered flag and would like to hop onto kitkat - would you recommend moving to kitkat as you mentioned to go to 4.3 and not up to 4.4?
<- yes that does look funny.

4.3 was just a temporary step to get S-Off, go ahead for 4.4 (or anything you like )

if you want to upgrade/downgrade firmware, you can check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2365506
for radios, you can check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2419699

also check Clyde's index thread in my signature for all the stuff you can think of.

Happy Flashing

PS: if all is good now, could you edit main thread title to include [SOLVED] thanks

Davidpearl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
<- yes that does look funny.

4.3 was just a temporary step to get S-Off, go ahead for 4.4 (or anything you like )

if you want to upgrade/downgrade firmware, you can check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2365506
for radios, you can check here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2419699

also check Clyde's index thread in my signature for all the stuff you can think of.

Happy Flashing

PS: if all is good now, could you edit main thread title to include [SOLVED] thanks
I just tried to flash ARHD 51 and it didn't work and now it wont boot and it won't boot into recovery - phone is still unlocked and I tried flashing CWM recovery again and it won't load into it.

ARGGHHH!!!! is it recoverable? what do I need to do I might might just flash back to stock after all of this and leave it that way I'm scared I will lose my phone forever!

Davidpearl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I just tried to flash ARHD 51 and it didn't work and now it wont boot and it won't boot into recovery - phone is still unlocked and I tried flashing CWM recovery again and it won't load into it.

ARGGHHH!!!! is it recoverable? what do I need to do I might might just flash back to stock after all of this and leave it that way I'm scared I will lose my phone forever!
Managed to flash TWRP onto the phone now.

Davidpearl
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok so managed to get back into CWM and have got a restore of just before I flashed to 51 so I should be ok in a bit if it has managed to install correctly.......this is causing me a lot of headache and worry!