Anything new related to the purple camera issue?

30th January 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 243

837 posts
I got my fourth HTC One today from the Sprint store, and I still have the same camera issue. After trying to deal with the dumbass customer non-support agent for an hour, I have a fifth HTC One on it's way for another exchange.

Is there any way to fix the issue short of sending it to HTC? I really can't go without a phone for that long. Thanks.
30th January 2014, 10:42 PM   |  #2  
Flag American Canyon
Thanks Meter: 338

746 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshede

I got my fourth HTC One today from the Sprint store, and I still have the same camera issue. After trying to deal with the dumbass customer non-support agent for an hour, I have a fifth HTC One on it's way for another exchange.

Is there any way to fix the issue short of sending it to HTC? I really can't go without a phone for that long. Thanks.

As this has pretty much been confirmed as a hardware issue, no. Sending the phone to HTC seems to be the only solution
31st January 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 68

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshede

Only solution is to send to HTC....the turn around is roughly a week or so from day of shipping to htc and getting it back in your hands...you won't get a sprint replacement with replaced camera module...sorry to second the bad news but it's one of those tough deals but in the end worth it...for more discussion check out the HTC one section topic "purple camera possible fix etc etc"...hope that helps

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app
31st January 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 243

837 posts
I'm heading to Sprint tomorrow and dropping those ****ers. I don't appreciate how the situation was handled (with attitude) so I'll be taking advantage of T-Mobile's ETF-buyout option.

Thanks for the information.
7th February 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #5  
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 164

498 posts
More
I never had the purple camera issue until recently. I don't know if it's just a coincidence but it started right after upgrading to 4.4.2

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
7th February 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 46

291 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert542

I never had the purple camera issue until recently. I don't know if it's just a coincidence but it started right after upgrading to 4.4.2

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

How do you get the camera fixed? Take it that it is HTC that is fixing the issue and not Sprint. There a webpage, E-mail address or phone number to call?

TIA
7th February 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 68

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weidnerj

How do you get the camera fixed? Take it that it is HTC that is fixing the issue and not Sprint. There a webpage, E-mail address or phone number to call?

TIA

1-866-449-8358 if you're in the US...hope that gets you pointed in right direction. So far excellent experience with HTC tech support.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app
7th February 2014, 04:06 PM   |  #8  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 46

195 posts
More
Is it only in low light situations that you are experiencing the purple haze? If so, the 4.4.2 update "Night" option in the Photo Capture Mode eliminates the purple haze for me. I can't remember if this option existed in prior versions, but choosing this option in low light conditions eliminated the purple haze on mine.
Last edited by the_mig; 7th February 2014 at 04:14 PM.
26th February 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #9  
Flag St. Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 7

41 posts
More
I sent my phone into HTC to repair the camera issue and they claimed it is outside of manufacture warranty because the bootloader was unlocked. I thought I had put everything back to normal before I sent it back in but I guess I missed something.

Is it true that this voids the warranty? If so, is it possible to re-lock it to where they cannot detect that it was ever unlocked? Is my warranty permanently voided now that they have my serial number? Do I have any chance of getting this fixed now?
26th February 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 49

775 posts
Technically our serial numbers are logged if we've ever used the HTCDev unlock method. That's pretty much all of us.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread