higher pixel density but looks similar to lower pix phone

OP Hate Android Lag

22nd January 2014, 02:34 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 38

386 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hate Android Lag

xperia z1 has 441 pixel density, but the display look similar to other lower pixel density phone like xperia sola. why?can someone explain? z1 shown on sony centre booth for hands on has a very crisp display, am i being cheated?

turn off x reality engine.
23rd January 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #12  
Flag Knjazevac
Thanks Meter: 24

281 posts
More
Lol wtf screen on my phone is sickly awesome!Dunno how you don;t like it
23rd January 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #13  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 28

126 posts
More
Very, very happy with the screen here, nice and bright, sharp, lovely colours, especially when coming from an amoled. Even the viewing angles are not quite as bad as some complain and through my eyes, the white looks white.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
26th January 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #14  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 213

238 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Written

Very, very happy with the screen here, nice and bright, sharp, lovely colours, especially when coming from an amoled. Even the viewing angles are not quite as bad as some complain and through my eyes, the white looks white.

Other than white, everything else looked great on AMOLED. Coming from Note.
Even when Compared to Nexus 5 LCD, Z1 display lacks lusture. Nexus 5 and other 1080p display phones have amazing contrast and colors.
26th January 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #15  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 28

126 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by taranfx

Other than white, everything else looked great on AMOLED. Coming from Note.
Even when Compared to Nexus 5 LCD, Z1 display lacks lusture. Nexus 5 and other 1080p display phones have amazing contrast and colors.

Come from a note too, honestly enjoyed Amoled, however, I am really not sure where the complaints are coming from.

There's some threads claiming not all the screens are the same, I'm either viewing my display from tired eyes or I got lucky, no idea.

Put it this way, side by side with my wife's note 3, the only thing I'm jealous about is the IR blaster.

27th January 2014, 02:00 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Raub
Thanks Meter: 20

304 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaqs60

Well my friend its share you got this phone if can't tell the difference... How sharp the screen looks depends on the image it shows.... Also you can open any Internet browser on both z1 And sola As you mention, then open any web page with text And zoom in all the way if you still can't see the difference Then you need to get glasses or Have your eyes checked... Peace

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

well, on the same vintage theme(stock theme), i noticed that the theme looks sharper & crispier in the z1 at sony booth. in my z1, the vintage theme doesnt looks sharp & crisp, just normal.
30th January 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
More
I checked other phones including G2, Note 3, S4. Z1 has no match. But I hear Sony uses different brands of displays for the variants of its phones. If it's true, different users from different areas around the world will have different results. I watched full hd movies, pictures, photos from z1. The results are significantly better than other high end phones. But do not expect hight quality resolution from low quality media. You can't have it. That's why SD broadcast sucks at full hd screens. I even witnessed 4K television showed a full hd video in very low qualty.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread