Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help to install ics on my phone

Tip us?

arunkarnwal1981
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Help to install ics on my phone

i have one mytouch 4g with s-off and android 2.2.1 with root and CWM recovery.
i want to install ICS on this but not sure how to proceed as i am really confused by reading all threads . so DEVs kindly help me to install ICS step by step.
thanks

N_otori0us_
Old
Thanks Meter 478
Put a ICS rom onto your sd card. Then flash it.
My Phone: HTC Panache
ROM : [PORT] AoCP 5.8 (4.2.2)
Recovery : 4EXT 1.0.0.5 RC8

Memorable ROMs: ShenduOS, AoCP, Cyanogen7, SlimBean

I'm learning

If I've helped you, press that thanks button down there, it makes me happy
The Following User Says Thank You to N_otori0us_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

unqualified
Old
(Last edited by unqualified; 30th January 2014 at 11:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
Broken down version:
1) download an ICS ROM zip file (I recommend SteppNasty Aospx - link in the 'resource bible')
2) put that zip file (don't extract) on the root of your sd card (i.e. not in any folders)
3) reboot your phone into recovery (either adb reboot recovery or power off > battery pull > battery insert > hold volume down button + power > select 'recovery', press power button
4) using CWM recovery, do a factory reset/wipe data, then I think under advanced select 'wipe cache' and 'wipe dalvik' (I don't have CWM anymore). If you like, you can also wipe battery stats, but I'm not sure it does anything.
5) select 'install from zip', and choose your ROM zip file
6) either flash a gapps (google apps) zip file if the ROM thread says it needs it, or reboot if it already includes google apps (most don't). Sometimes (like I think with Stepp Aospx), its actually better to reboot after flashing the rom, then go back to recovery and wipe dalvik & cache and flash gapps after getting through an initial boot. Most rom threads will have a link to the gapps they recommend for their rom. You just need one that matches the android version (i.e ICS gapps for ICS roms)

That's the usual method. Most ROM threads will have instructions on them. Seems like a lot of steps, but it usually only takes a couple of minutes.
Phone: HTC Glacier/MyTouch 4g
DD ROM: ICS Stepp_aospX 1.0.0-MR2 FINAL
The Following User Says Thank You to unqualified For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]