Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,539 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Newer Youtube app distorts videos

Tip us?

spac3m0nk3y
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Newer Youtube app distorts videos

I'm installed CyanogenMod 10.2 (10.2-20131209) on my 32GB Touchpad today and I'm having a small issue with Youtube. It seems like beginning with Youtube version 5, I am getting pixelated videos. It's almost as if the aspect ratio is wrong or something is out of whack. I've also tried the Evervolv ROM 4.3.1 and it has the same issue. Is this a known issue on the Touchpad with Youtube v.5 or is anybody else getting this. Also note that Youtube v3 and v4 both work fine and there is no pixelation. Any help would be appreciated. Take a look at the screenshots below at 100% zoom to see what I mean.

Good Image:

Bad Image:

jsgraphicart
Old
Thanks Meter 1382
Well the top images has the HD icon highlighted and the bottom one doesnt show that so.....

spac3m0nk3y
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
Well the top images has the HD icon highlighted and the bottom one doesnt show that so.....
That's because the top image is an older version of the YouTube app that had the HD button on the interface. The new version had it as an OSD that goes away after pressing. Trust me when I say they were both in HD mode.

woodytrain
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Did you try a newer nightly?

Did you update YouTube to v.5.3.32

Recommend posting your issue in the CM10.2 thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2450358

Prasanna_bng
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default same problem

Even i have the same issue i'm trying to update my youtube app and try again and update you.