Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,242 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ToDo list or calendar

Tip us?

richlum
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by W@r10ck View Post
I have installed the app both on the phone and gear.How did you make this as your main clock?are you rooted and using other Rom?im sorry im a bit confused Does it sync?since i need to export then import it.im just confused on how does synching works.Thanks :thumbup:
Yes, you need to have Null ROM installed to be able to use any widget.
Then, you just set the widget/s on your homescreen.

For syncing, you need to setup your google account in the system settings on the Gear (need Null ROM for that too) and then set it to sync the calendar.

To sync, you will need to setup bluetooth tethering between the Gear and phone. (need Null ROM for that too).
I don't leave it tethered all the time to save the battery. I have tasker installed on the phone and Gear and it enables BT tethering for 2 minutes every hour. that is frequent enough for me to have the calendar on the watch updated.

W@r10ck
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdlejade View Post

i use standard google calendar widget with two zooper widgets on top - one to show current temperature and second for battery left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlum View Post
Yes, you need to have Null ROM installed to be able to use any widget.
Then, you just set the widget/s on your homescreen.

For syncing, you need to setup your google account in the system settings on the Gear (need Null ROM for that too) and then set it to sync the calendar.

To sync, you will need to setup bluetooth tethering between the Gear and phone. (need Null ROM for that too).
I don't leave it tethered all the time to save the battery. I have tasker installed on the phone and Gear and it enables BT tethering for 2 minutes every hour. that is frequent enough for me to have the calendar on the watch updated.
I was actually planning on installing NULL but found out that Dev decided not to continue with the support so i guess there's no way i would be able to set it up like yours

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Quote:
install google calendar, add widget, resize it. now add 2 new widgets in zooper and choose it to display current temperature and battery left..
Are you also on NULL?

hurdlejade
Old
Thanks Meter 64
i'm on null 11, and yesterday there was released null 20. it is in active development, you got your info all wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to hurdlejade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lurkapup
Old
(Last edited by lurkapup; 30th January 2014 at 07:07 PM.) Reason: spelling correction
Thanks Meter 1
The developer stopped providing support through the main thread and PM. He is distributing the Rom through another forum and to be honest still ridiculously active and supportive through multiple threads. However, I think its fair to say he's here to develop, not play helpdesk.

But yeah, as others have said, if you skim through a bit more of the front page of the gear forums, you'll find plenty of discussion showing the null rom is well and kicking.

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Thanks for the advice around syncing Rich. I have syncing working fine - I'm usually permanently tethered, probably unnecessarily. When I check the google sync settings it always shows a recent last sync'd time. However, none of the meetings are being loaded into the non-stock apps for some reason. I'm keen to check out the new null_ so I imagine I'll be doing a few full resets as part of that to hopefully clear this odd blockage.
The Following User Says Thank You to lurkapup For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

W@r10ck
Old
(Last edited by W@r10ck; 31st January 2014 at 05:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkapup View Post
The developer stopped providing support through the main thread and PM. He is distributing the Rom through another forum and to be honest still ridiculously active and supportive through multiple threads. However, I think its fair to say he's here to develop, not play helpdesk.

But yeah, as others have said, if you skim through a bit more of the front page of the gear forums, you'll find plenty of discussion showing the null rom is well and kicking.

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Thanks for the advice around syncing Rich. I have syncing working fine - I'm usually permanently tethered, probably unnecessarily. When I check the google sync settings it always shows a recent last sync'd time. However, none of the meetings are being loaded into the non-stock apps for some reason. I'm keen to check out the new null_ so I imagine I'll be doing a few full resets as part of that to hopefully clear this odd blockage.
Thanks bud this is a great news. But was wondering where can i find it. Ive been searching through...i will try and search again but if you dont mind showing me the active thread/link I would really appreciate it

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkapup View Post

Quote:
i'm on null 11, and yesterday there was released null 20. it is in active development, you got your info all wrong.
Thanks its a good news. I will try to search for it. I went to this site http://null.section80.net/ but couldnt download the ROM and i got the news from reading on this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515696. Hope you could show me the light on where i can download his masterful ROM

EDIT: Ok guys sorry i got it all wrong. I found the way to download it. Cant wait to flash this amazing ROM onto my gear

lurkapup
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Build 21 actually it seems to be Well there's my project for the evening, as well as killing a couple of beers. Cheers F0mey!