Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 41,486 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.3 update cwm and rooting [PLEASE HELP]

Tip us?

Roni P.
Old
(Last edited by Roni P.; 31st January 2014 at 12:59 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default 4.3 update cwm and rooting [PLEASE HELP]

Ok so it's been a long while since ive been on here for the fact that I havent been rooted. But now that I have the 4.3 update I'm ready to reroot and I notice that alot of things have changed with this update. So my 1st question is can I still root using cwm as b4 with the 4.2 update? I havent seen or can find any info on installing or rooting 4.3 with cwm. Sorry if this is dumb but I did look and also seen im going to have to do more research if this is possible

[EDIT] also I didnt receive my update via ota. I went to radioshack and they updated it for me. Not sure if that matters but there it is

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Roni P.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Sorry about the abrupt ending but my phone force closed the app. But i would like to use cwm over anything cause thats what im used to but if need be I can learn twrp so please help and re inform me please and thank you

Mr. Struck
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni P. View Post
Sorry about the abrupt ending but my phone force closed the app. But i would like to use cwm over anything cause thats what im used to but if need be I can learn twrp so please help and re inform me please and thank you

Head over to this thread by @goku2778, it has everything you need. And as a plus, you will be using Philz Touch recovery, which is phenomenal, it's based on CWM, but that is where the similarities end, it is more like CWM on steroids.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2596697
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Struck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]