Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 51,847 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to install Rom on my rooted sch-i800

Tip us?

Panzer15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to install Rom on my rooted sch-i800

I download this rom on the internet for my sch-i800 verizon and i want to know how to install it without a computer.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using xda app-developers app

mohit378
Old
Thanks Meter 21
copy ur rom .zip file into sd card of ur fon....then go into recovery and choose .zip install from sd card.....
If i helped you Don't forget to hit THANKS !

XPERIA Z1>XPERIA L>XPERIA S | Unlocked Bootloader | Rooted | DooMLoRD Kernel |
SAMSUNG NOTE II

abhishek_al
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Use ROM MANAGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit378 View Post
copy ur rom .zip file into sd card of ur fon....then go into recovery and choose .zip install from sd card.....
use rom manager app install it and select "flash from sd card" select ur recovery file and install it .. easiest way to install recovery. "AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO UR PHONE"

Panzer15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Rom manager doesnt support my device, it asks me to install clockworkmod bu my device in not supported

xemnas18
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer15 View Post
I download this rom on the internet for my sch-i800 verizon and i want to know how to install it without a computer.

If you want to flash the rom without a pc, just google "how to flash rom without a computer" and look at the first link...the guide might help.

Otherwise, after you have rooted just install a custom recovery (like twrp or cwm) and flash the rom from your sd card. And make sure you wipe cache/data etc before flashing the new rom. (make a backup first)

Panzer15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
This is my first time trying to install a ROM. When i try to install after wiping i get this error

- Installing: /sdcard/download/cm-10-20131006-NIGHTLY-p1c.zip Finding update package... I:Update location: /sdcard/download/cm-10-20131006-NIGHTLY-p1c.zip Opening update package... Installing update... script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxytab7c" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxytab7c" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "p1c" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "p1c" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "SCH-I800" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SCH-I800" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "SPH-P100" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SPH-P100" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "vzwtab" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "vzwtab" assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "galaxytab7c" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "galaxytab7c" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "p1c" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "p1c" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "SCH-I800" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SCH-I800" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "SPH-P100" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "SPH-P100" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "vzwtab" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "vzwtab" E:Error in /sdcard/download/cm-10-20131006-NIGHTLY-p1c.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted. result was NULL, message is: assert failed: install_zip("/sdcard/download/cm-10-20131006-NIGHTLY-p1c.zip")

I know that its possible installing rom by using heimdall but there is a gapps file. Do i flash gapps file after flashing rom?

xemnas18
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I'm not sure why you're getting that error. You're best bet would be to make sure you follow the instructions from whoever posted the rom and ask questions on the roms thread if you still are stuck...sorry I couldn't help directly

Sent from my DROID Pro using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

And yes, you flash the rom and then the gapps...this should also be in the OP directions wherever the rom was posted...(I would advise you to flash roms from xda forums because they have clear instructions and support)

Sent from my DROID Pro using xda app-developers app

Panzer15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So if i use heimdall to flash rom, how do i flash the gapps file?

mohit378
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer15 View Post
So if i use heimdall to flash rom, how do i flash the gapps file?

just update ur recovery......
If i helped you Don't forget to hit THANKS !

XPERIA Z1>XPERIA L>XPERIA S | Unlocked Bootloader | Rooted | DooMLoRD Kernel |
SAMSUNG NOTE II