Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,536 Members 52,930 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Mod] Null Rom Addon -1-14-14----Battery Saver,super fast and some custom tweaks

Tip us?

Joe92T
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarresi19 View Post
Really sucks we gotta choose between the add on and the kernel....hopefully they can work together soon...where do u add the ring tones that were on this add on. ..like can they be added through a root file manager? And where would I put them?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
I chose this Add-On. Reason being it has a bunch of features other then just making things faster - Also i already only get like a day and a half out of my watch the way it is, i dont know what would happen if i got a kernel that unlocked a second core and doubled the clockspeed - i really dont wanna be plugging my watch in every 12 hours to charge

Also being that the battery is not removable in these things - once they are dead, they are dead - so the more i can avoid charging / discharging cycles the better
Verizon Wireless
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 w/ Gear

jbarresi19
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe92T View Post
I chose this Add-On. Reason being it has a bunch of features other then just making things faster - Also i already only get like a day and a half out of my watch the way it is, i dont know what would happen if i got a kernel that unlocked a second core and doubled the clockspeed - i really dont wanna be plugging my watch in every 12 hours to charge

Also being that the battery is not removable in these things - once they are dead, they are dead - so the more i can avoid charging / discharging cycles the better
Yeah i agree with you and i kinda have been going back and forth....but just for your own knowledge i am using the kernel right now clocked at 200-1200 and using ondemand and havent really seen any battery loss...but of coarse results may vary...

But on my other question do you know where you would add ringtones to the gear on your own through a root file manager?

zlaven
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Great thanks!

Adrixan
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hi there,

I could use some help with removing the add-on:
Whenever I update my null_ installation and don't install this add-on again, some UI elements, i.e. the bar, where you could send a new email in the email client remains black. Also, there are some leftovers like the green background for notifications.
Could someone please tell me how to properly get rid of these left-overs?

Thanks for any help!

ajada85
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Can We Use This On Null 20?

Adrixan
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajada85 View Post
I wouldn't use this version at least, since it changes the kernel. Maybe if a new version of the script, with a proper kernel, is released it would be worth it again

likearaptor
Old
(Last edited by likearaptor; 30th January 2014 at 03:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajada85 View Post
I've been using null 20 and I noticed by default the cpu is running at 1.2ghz so I'm pretty sure it is running this kernel or a certain version of it. I'll try to find out if both cores are running

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

Actually I just checked and the null 20 is running the Triangulum kernel. If you look at the build prop you will see lots of these changes are in null 20 also. But items listed with ●● are in Null.
The Following User Says Thank You to likearaptor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jbarresi19
Old
Thanks Meter 179
So basically is this not worth flashing if you are running Null 20? I actually liked some of the ringtones that came with the add-on? What the disadvantages to running this over Null 20?

likearaptor
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarresi19 View Post
So basically is this not worth flashing if you are running Null 20? I actually liked some of the ringtones that came with the add-on? What the disadvantages to running this over Null 20?
I would open the zip on the first post, copy the sound files out, and with Null 20, MTP is turned on automatically so you can just copy and paste files in windows explorer when you hook up the gear to your pc.

jmorton10
Old
Thanks Meter 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by likearaptor View Post
I would open the zip on the first post, copy the sound files out, and with Null 20, MTP is turned on automatically so you can just copy and paste files in windows explorer when you hook up the gear to your pc.
Right, you can put any ringtone you want in that way.

I pulled the three MP3 custom tones I have always used for text, email, and incoming call from my Note 3 and installed them in the gear and they work perfect.
~John

VZ Note 3, rooted, Beans ROM/Nova Prime/Custom icons
Gear watch with Null 22.1 ROM & Trangulum kernel,themed etc.

Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, rooted W/ Google Playstore & Amazon app store working.
Amazon Prime Video/GMAIL etc. all working perfectly.
Leather Origami case.
Moshi iVisor XT screen protector

MS Surface Pro Tablet W/touch KB
64 gig plus Sandisk (junk) 64 gig MicroSD

Lol, I feel sorry for the pathetic posters who beg everybody to thank them in their signatures.....