Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,051 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] P3100 stuck on a custom rom and can't flash anything else

Tip us?

kadwal_nitish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] P3100 stuck on a custom rom and can't flash anything else

Hi everyone,
I have a samsung tab 2 p3100 with me. I used to flash a lot on my tab and try different roms on it. But lately i faced this very uncommon problem when i flashed a purebean hdv2 rom on my tab. After using it for a few days i tried to flash a new one. So I made a titanium backup of my apps at night and in the morning my tab started rebooting as soon as i change any setting. It's like it's stuck on the same data, apps and setting as it was at night. Tab would restart in 10 seconds of usage. And even if i try to change any setting or remove an app in those 10 sec, everything comes back to the same condition after a reboot. I can't format data from the recovery. There's no failure or error. CWM shows the data is erased but the rom has no effect. CWM flashes everything without displaying any error but it does not change anything in the rom. I can't even change the recovery. Even i flashed the original stock rom via odin and the flashing too aroung 2 hrs to finish, but still the custom rom was there with all the apps and everything. Now i have really no clue what to do about it. I cant use it in the present condition and can't even change anything on it..
Please help me Tab 2 community. PLEASE..

sharingan
Old
Thanks Meter 589

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadwal_nitish View Post
Hi everyone,
I have a samsung tab 2 p3100 with me. I used to flash a lot on my tab and try different roms on it. But lately i faced this very uncommon problem when i flashed a purebean hdv2 rom on my tab. After using it for a few days i tried to flash a new one. So I made a titanium backup of my apps at night and in the morning my tab started rebooting as soon as i change any setting. It's like it's stuck on the same data, apps and setting as it was at night. Tab would restart in 10 seconds of usage. And even if i try to change any setting or remove an app in those 10 sec, everything comes back to the same condition after a reboot. I can't format data from the recovery. There's no failure or error. CWM shows the data is erased but the rom has no effect. CWM flashes everything without displaying any error but it does not change anything in the rom. I can't even change the recovery. Even i flashed the original stock rom via odin and the flashing too aroung 2 hrs to finish, but still the custom rom was there with all the apps and everything. Now i have really no clue what to do about it. I cant use it in the present condition and can't even change anything on it..
Please help me Tab 2 community. PLEASE..
flash again stock rom and before that wipe cache and dalvik cache and factory reset in recovery and then flash the stock rom
did you unchecked the repartition option in odin ??

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU

Android-Andi
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7302
Place another Rom (e.g. CM or Omni or what-ever-you-like) on the MicroSD-Card (IMPORTANT!!!)

Flash a updated Recovery.
Reboot the recovery after that.

Wipe Data Factory Reset
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvic Cache
format /system (under "Mounts and Storage")
format /data
format /data and /data/media (this will format the internal Storage! Be sure you placed the rom.zip on the MicroSD)!

Now flash the new Rom.zip from your MircroSD
Reboot.
Devices:
P3110
I8190

My 50 Cent

Omni Rom (official/unofficial) for P31XX and P51XX
and SM-T31X (unofficial)

SlimRom-Team Member
SlimKat for P31XX and P51XX and SM-T31X (unofficial)

TWRP 2.7.1.1 & CWM 6.0.5.0 & PhilZ Touch P31XX and P51XX

GT-I8190
PhilZ Touch
TWRP

All my files and ROMs on www.androidfilehost.com

kadwal_nitish
Old
(Last edited by kadwal_nitish; 31st January 2014 at 05:50 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android-Andi View Post
Place another Rom (e.g. CM or Omni or what-ever-you-like) on the MicroSD-Card (IMPORTANT!!!)

Flash a updated Recovery.
Reboot the recovery after that.

Wipe Data Factory Reset
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvic Cache
format /system (under "Mounts and Storage")
format /data
format /data and /data/media (this will format the internal Storage! Be sure you placed the rom.zip on the MicroSD)!

Now flash the new Rom.zip from your MircroSD
Reboot.

Odin shows fail on flashing an updated recovery. What should i do now?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	41
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	2550095   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.png
Views:	42
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	2550098  

pbeleco
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadwal_nitish View Post
Odin shows fail on flashing an updated recovery. What should i do now?
You might have an hardware problem... is the device still under warranty?

If I were you, I would try different cable and re-install drivers... also try to flash different recovery image.