Problem with TWRP. PLEASE HELP!

OP Lieval

31st January 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #11  
Flag Granite Bay, California
Thanks Meter: 387

1,077 posts
Donate to Me
More
Do what BD619 says. I had hoped ViperRUU would work, but the stock HTC one is much easier to use and operate. Also I usually use Ubuntu in these situations due to how much easier it is to work things in Terminal than it is to use Window's command prompt. Just a thought in case you ever need to do something fastboot related in the future.
31st January 2014, 09:37 AM   |  #12  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 7,904

8,251 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by numel007

Do what BD619 says. I had hoped ViperRUU would work, but the stock HTC one is much easier to use and operate. Also I usually use Ubuntu in these situations due to how much easier it is to work things in Terminal than it is to use Window's command prompt. Just a thought in case you ever need to do something fastboot related in the future.

VipeRUU will work fine but he's still new this kind of stuff it can be confusing. It took me a couple tries to get it to work the first time I used it.
31st January 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

Here is the link to the latest RUU I wouldn't mess with VipeRUU if you are not sure what you are doing.
http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-ev...e-sprint/news/

Thank you so much, both of you rock!
Not sure if the phone is working but it says it's updating right now. I have been trying to figure this out for hours. Thank you guys so much
31st January 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #14  
Flag Granite Bay, California
Thanks Meter: 387

1,077 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

VipeRUU will work fine but he's still new this kind of stuff it can be confusing. It took me a couple tries to get it to work the first time I used it.

No matter what it's a bad sign if you need to RUU. Definitely something I never want to do. Means something major screwed up lol. Yeah I was gonna give him the regular HTC one until I read all the paranoid stuff the ViperRUU posted in his thread.

Sent from my EVO

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieval

Not sure if the phone is working but it says it's updating right now. I have been trying to figure this out for hours. Thank you guys so much

No problem, we've all been there.

Sent from my EVO
31st January 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #15  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV

8,251 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

After the RUU finishes you will be 100% stock except for S-OFF...which I would leave in case you catch the bug and wanna start modding your phone in the future
31st January 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Quote:

No matter what it's a bad sign if you need to RUU. Definitely something I never want to do. Means something major screwed up lol. Yeah I was gonna give him the regular HTC one until I read all the paranoid stuff the ViperRUU posted in his thread.

Sent from my EVO

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

No problem, we've all been there.

Sent from my EVO

Quote:

After the RUU finishes you will be 100% stock except for S-OFF...which I would leave in case you catch the bug and wanna start modding your phone in the future

It works fine, thank you so much again. also i'm a girl, just saw you guys using male pronouns

I am not modding my phone I am honestly not up for messing with this phone besides it's original purposes
The Following User Says Thank You to Lieval For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2014, 10:17 AM   |  #17  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV

8,251 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It works fine, thank you so much again. also i'm a girl, just saw you guys using male pronouns

I am not modding my phone I am honestly not up for messing with this phone besides it's original purposes

Sorry about that there are not a whole lot of girls/ladies running around XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #18  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 1,942

3,627 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nice job guys

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread