Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,150 Members 38,159 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem with TWRP. PLEASE HELP!

Tip us?

numel007
Old
Thanks Meter 387

DONATE TO ME
Do what BD619 says. I had hoped ViperRUU would work, but the stock HTC one is much easier to use and operate. Also I usually use Ubuntu in these situations due to how much easier it is to work things in Terminal than it is to use Window's command prompt. Just a thought in case you ever need to do something fastboot related in the future.
Device List: Sanyo Katana < UTStarcom Arc < LG Optimus S < HTC Evo LTE < Nexus 5
Nexus 5: SOKP (Private Build)
Kernel: ElementalX

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,746

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by numel007 View Post
Do what BD619 says. I had hoped ViperRUU would work, but the stock HTC one is much easier to use and operate. Also I usually use Ubuntu in these situations due to how much easier it is to work things in Terminal than it is to use Window's command prompt. Just a thought in case you ever need to do something fastboot related in the future.
VipeRUU will work fine but he's still new this kind of stuff it can be confusing. It took me a couple tries to get it to work the first time I used it.
\_(ツ)_/

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

Lieval
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
Here is the link to the latest RUU I wouldn't mess with VipeRUU if you are not sure what you are doing.
http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-ev...e-sprint/news/
Thank you so much, both of you rock!
Not sure if the phone is working but it says it's updating right now. I have been trying to figure this out for hours. Thank you guys so much

numel007
Old
Thanks Meter 387

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
VipeRUU will work fine but he's still new this kind of stuff it can be confusing. It took me a couple tries to get it to work the first time I used it.
No matter what it's a bad sign if you need to RUU. Definitely something I never want to do. Means something major screwed up lol. Yeah I was gonna give him the regular HTC one until I read all the paranoid stuff the ViperRUU posted in his thread.

Sent from my EVO

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieval View Post
Not sure if the phone is working but it says it's updating right now. I have been trying to figure this out for hours. Thank you guys so much
No problem, we've all been there.

Sent from my EVO
Device List: Sanyo Katana < UTStarcom Arc < LG Optimus S < HTC Evo LTE < Nexus 5
Nexus 5: SOKP (Private Build)
Kernel: ElementalX

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,746

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
After the RUU finishes you will be 100% stock except for S-OFF...which I would leave in case you catch the bug and wanna start modding your phone in the future
\_(ツ)_/

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

Lieval
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
No matter what it's a bad sign if you need to RUU. Definitely something I never want to do. Means something major screwed up lol. Yeah I was gonna give him the regular HTC one until I read all the paranoid stuff the ViperRUU posted in his thread.

Sent from my EVO

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

No problem, we've all been there.

Sent from my EVO
Quote:
After the RUU finishes you will be 100% stock except for S-OFF...which I would leave in case you catch the bug and wanna start modding your phone in the future
It works fine, thank you so much again. also i'm a girl, just saw you guys using male pronouns

I am not modding my phone I am honestly not up for messing with this phone besides it's original purposes
The Following User Says Thank You to Lieval For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,746

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It works fine, thank you so much again. also i'm a girl, just saw you guys using male pronouns

I am not modding my phone I am honestly not up for messing with this phone besides it's original purposes
Sorry about that there are not a whole lot of girls/ladies running around XDA
\_(ツ)_/

Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,882

DONATE TO ME
Nice job guys

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE