Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 44,423 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to unbrick the phone for N9005(HK 16GB)

Tip us?

s327374
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locky Loki View Post
You mean you have successfully flashed custom ROM but your ROM has problems? If so, you need to consult the ROM author because many of the Custom ROMs are still in the developing stages and still have many bugs

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
No, I mean what I said ... I have had phone video issues in 7.0 and 7.1 Sweet. Also in XNote v.8 and Omega v7 and 7.1.

I am going to trial another attempt with Sweet 7.0 and 8.0 soon. Thanks.

Miles.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Oh wait ... (one of about a thousand of these moments) have I been wiping the RoMs after Sweet? (rhetorical) :0

I will check now - do it again ... and keep trying.

Seriously though, thanks for your guide as it has at least given me a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s327374 View Post
No, I mean what I said ... I have had phone video issues in 7.0 and 7.1 Sweet. Also in XNote v.8 and Omega v7 and 7.1.

Miles.
Note III SM-N9005 (16gb HK), Echoe v12, X-NOTE v13 and OMEGA v12

Running 4.4.2 thanks to Locky Loki and SWEET RoM v7

<Samsung Galaxy S3 Cyanogen/Omega, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Cyanogen, HTC desire HD Cyanogen, Nokia N82>

Locky Loki
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locky Loki
You mean you have successfully flashed custom ROM but your ROM has problems? If so, you need to consult the ROM author because many of the Custom ROMs are still in the developing stages and still have many bugs

Miles.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Oh wait ... (one of about a thousand of these moments) have I been wiping the RoMs after Sweet? (rhetorical) :0

I will check now - do it again ... and keep trying.

Seriously though, thanks for your guide as it has at least given me a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s327374

Miles.

For me, step 7, 13 and 14 are the most important. One mistake and you'll have to redo the whole thing again. Pay attention to the coloured words

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locky Loki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s327374
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
For me, step 7, 13 and 14 are the most important. One mistake and you'll have to redo the whole thing again. Pay attention to the coloured words

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!

Ok this time - I have sweet 7.0 in operation - video and camera are working.

I will attempt a nowipe flash of Sweet 8.0 tonight. Are you going in this direction?

Thanks.

<Samsung Galaxy S3 Cyanogen/Omega, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Cyanogen, HTC desire HD Cyanogen, Nokia N82>

Locky Loki
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!

Ok this time - I have sweet 7.0 in operation - video and camera are working.

I will attempt a nowipe flash of Sweet 8.0 tonight. Are you going in this direction?

Thanks.

Not quite yet. Since Sweet v7 is working well for me, I won't upgrade any more. Try and Let me know the result

s327374
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Not quite yet. Since Sweet v7 is working well for me, I won't upgrade any more. Try and Let me know the result

C'mon I'm sure it's awesome ... Maybe I'll wait a couple of days before I fly that close to the sun again. I have a head ache you wouldn't believe.

Once more, Thank you so much. Especially for not snapping at me when I got it wrong.

Big Cheers.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote:
C'mon I'm sure it's awesome ... Maybe I'll wait a couple of days before I fly that close to the sun again. I have a head ache you wouldn't believe.

Once more, Thank you so much. Especially for not snapping at me when I got it wrong.

Big Cheers.
I am such a smuck!

Someone posted on another thread that they had X-Note v.8. I couldn't help myself...

Long story short. IT WORKED - Dirty flashed X-note 8. Camera issues have disappeared.

So Happy.

Xin nian kuai la. Or whatever they say in Cantonese!

Cheers.

Locky Loki
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:

Big Cheers.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

I am such a smuck!

Someone posted on another thread that they had X-Note v.8. I couldn't help myself...

Long story short. IT WORKED - Dirty flashed X-note 8. Camera issues have disappeared.

So Happy.

Xin nian kuai la. Or whatever they say in Cantonese!

Cheers.

Since the basic flash to 4.4.2 is done, dirty flash is probably enough to install another custom ROM. Happy Chinese New Year!