Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,721 Members 51,493 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Standby Touch Advanced

Tip us?

alinescoo
Old
(Last edited by alinescoo; 29th January 2014 at 10:38 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
Smile [APP] Standby Touch Advanced

I have developed this app a while ago when I was owning a Nexus device. I find it even more useful on my Note3 since having small hands its not comfortable to get to the Power button to put the phone to sleep. You may find it useless but at least it saves the Power button or helps when using a case.

HERE IS HOW TO USE IT

1. When the app is installed, for the first time the Settings screen will be shown. Simply press the Enable Admin Permission button and then drag the Stand by Icon from App's drawer where you want to have it. Each time you press the icon, the phone will go to standby.
2. If you want to use the Sleep Mode, go to Settings and press on the Zzzzz mode button. You can select which options to be disabled (Sound to Silent, Data Off, Wifi Off), on which interval of hours and how long the options will be displayed. If you check any of the options, next time you press the Standby icon, for a short period of time you will see 2 icons:
- the Sleep icon (with the moon) on it, if you press it, it will disable the options you have selected
- the Wake icon (with the sun) on it, if you press it, it will enable the options you have selected.
The icons are only displayed for the amount of time set by you. If you don't press any of them, the phone will go to standby as normal.

Google Play link

LE: There are no hidden permissions, no internet access, no ads, no user tracking... nothing. Is just a plain free app.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alinescoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wally3614
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3922

DONATE TO ME
Badassss

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Ryan 23
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Sound useful, I'm gonna give it a try.

Thank you

Armazia
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Seems very usefull! There is no Bluetooth toggle is there? Cause I want to disable my gear when I am sleeping.. I do this by turning off bluetooth, and in the morning I turn it on again.. Any way you could add that?

alinescoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
Thank you guys for your words.
@Armazia: very good suggestion!. I have uploaded version 2.3 on Google Play which has Bluetooth toggle support So you can now easily switch Bluetooth off in the evening and back on in the morning. It should be available in a few hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to alinescoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

7odaahmad
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Very nice

alinescoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
Thanks, new version 2.3 is live on Google Play.

Armazia
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinescoo View Post
Thank you guys for your words.
@Armazia: very good suggestion!. I have uploaded version 2.3 on Google Play which has Bluetooth toggle support So you can now easily switch Bluetooth off in the evening and back on in the morning. It should be available in a few hours.
Superb! Thanks for listening. I am definitely going to use this app!

alinescoo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
You're welcome. I have been using it on all my devices without any problems.