Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP] Standby Touch Advanced

OP alinescoo

28th January 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62

586 posts
More
I have developed this app a while ago when I was owning a Nexus device. I find it even more useful on my Note3 since having small hands its not comfortable to get to the Power button to put the phone to sleep. You may find it useless but at least it saves the Power button or helps when using a case.

HERE IS HOW TO USE IT

1. When the app is installed, for the first time the Settings screen will be shown. Simply press the Enable Admin Permission button and then drag the Stand by Icon from App's drawer where you want to have it. Each time you press the icon, the phone will go to standby.
2. If you want to use the Sleep Mode, go to Settings and press on the Zzzzz mode button. You can select which options to be disabled (Sound to Silent, Data Off, Wifi Off), on which interval of hours and how long the options will be displayed. If you check any of the options, next time you press the Standby icon, for a short period of time you will see 2 icons:
- the Sleep icon (with the moon) on it, if you press it, it will disable the options you have selected
- the Wake icon (with the sun) on it, if you press it, it will enable the options you have selected.
The icons are only displayed for the amount of time set by you. If you don't press any of them, the phone will go to standby as normal.

Google Play link

LE: There are no hidden permissions, no internet access, no ads, no user tracking... nothing. Is just a plain free app.
Last edited by alinescoo; 29th January 2014 at 11:38 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alinescoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 4,247

2,704 posts
Donate to Me
More
Badassss

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
28th January 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 16

28 posts
More
Sound useful, I'm gonna give it a try.

Thank you
28th January 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 59

443 posts
Seems very usefull! There is no Bluetooth toggle is there? Cause I want to disable my gear when I am sleeping.. I do this by turning off bluetooth, and in the morning I turn it on again.. Any way you could add that?
29th January 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

586 posts
More
Thank you guys for your words.
@Armazia: very good suggestion!. I have uploaded version 2.3 on Google Play which has Bluetooth toggle support So you can now easily switch Bluetooth off in the evening and back on in the morning. It should be available in a few hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to alinescoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 5

21 posts
Very nice
29th January 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

586 posts
More
Thanks, new version 2.3 is live on Google Play.
29th January 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 59

443 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinescoo

Thank you guys for your words.
@Armazia: very good suggestion!. I have uploaded version 2.3 on Google Play which has Bluetooth toggle support So you can now easily switch Bluetooth off in the evening and back on in the morning. It should be available in a few hours.

Superb! Thanks for listening. I am definitely going to use this app!
31st January 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

586 posts
More
You're welcome. I have been using it on all my devices without any problems.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread