No registration required

[Q] Moto G Telcel

OP Alexmessy

31st January 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47

186 posts
More
Hi everyone, Im really interested in buying this awesome phone, but i have some doubts, so if any of you guys has the Telcel version of the Moto G could you please tell me if it can be unlocked and rooted like the other ones without having to pay motorola for an unlock code and how much did it cost you? The reason Im asking is because Im scared of it coming factory locked or something and I want to customize it as much as I can.

Thx in advance
31st January 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
More
Yes it can be unlocked and rooted
Hi, yes, it can be unlocked and rooted with the methods described in another posts, the issue I've found is that unlocking my phone completely broke the Motorola ROM and I had to flash another ROM, the default Telcel ROM didn't worked for me because the WiFi turned off inmediately (it coundn't be activated). So I've used the Google Play Edition, still I'm having issues with the /sdcard, some apps will say that there is no sdcard and that I have to install one.
The Following User Says Thank You to markuzmx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47

186 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markuzmx

Hi, yes, it can be unlocked and rooted with the methods described in another posts, the issue I've found is that unlocking my phone completely broke the Motorola ROM and I had to flash another ROM, the default Telcel ROM didn't worked for me because the WiFi turned off inmediately (it coundn't be activated). So I've used the Google Play Edition, still I'm having issues with the /sdcard, some apps will say that there is no sdcard and that I have to install one.

Thank you very much, I hope those issues can be fixed, at least it can be unlocked and you can remove the crap that they put in it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread