XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto G Telcel

Tip us?

Alexmessy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Default [Q] Moto G Telcel

Hi everyone, Im really interested in buying this awesome phone, but i have some doubts, so if any of you guys has the Telcel version of the Moto G could you please tell me if it can be unlocked and rooted like the other ones without having to pay motorola for an unlock code and how much did it cost you? The reason Im asking is because Im scared of it coming factory locked or something and I want to customize it as much as I can.

Thx in advance
-Nexus 7
Rooted, BL unlocked

Rom: SmoothRom v5.0
Kernel- M+ Milestone Edition

-Xperia Mini Pro (DEAD)

-Motorola Motoluxe
Rooted

Rom: MotoRox by Enox
Kernel: Stock

markuzmx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Yes it can be unlocked and rooted

Hi, yes, it can be unlocked and rooted with the methods described in another posts, the issue I've found is that unlocking my phone completely broke the Motorola ROM and I had to flash another ROM, the default Telcel ROM didn't worked for me because the WiFi turned off inmediately (it coundn't be activated). So I've used the Google Play Edition, still I'm having issues with the /sdcard, some apps will say that there is no sdcard and that I have to install one.
The Following User Says Thank You to markuzmx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alexmessy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by markuzmx View Post
Hi, yes, it can be unlocked and rooted with the methods described in another posts, the issue I've found is that unlocking my phone completely broke the Motorola ROM and I had to flash another ROM, the default Telcel ROM didn't worked for me because the WiFi turned off inmediately (it coundn't be activated). So I've used the Google Play Edition, still I'm having issues with the /sdcard, some apps will say that there is no sdcard and that I have to install one.
Thank you very much, I hope those issues can be fixed, at least it can be unlocked and you can remove the crap that they put in it
-Nexus 7
Rooted, BL unlocked

Rom: SmoothRom v5.0
Kernel- M+ Milestone Edition

-Xperia Mini Pro (DEAD)

-Motorola Motoluxe
Rooted

Rom: MotoRox by Enox
Kernel: Stock