Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 47,620 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Mega and external USB DAC

Tip us?

scappers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy Mega and external USB DAC

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Mega will work with an OTG cable to an external USB DAC ? If so are there just particular DACs that could work ? I've got a cable and a Fiio E10 and nothing happens with an app like Spotify or Google Play music.

Just wondering if it might work with other DACs.

Cheers,
Matt

kevin7954
Old
Thanks Meter 1
fiio E17 + Mega 6.3 works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scappers View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Mega will work with an OTG cable to an external USB DAC ? If so are there just particular DACs that could work ? I've got a cable and a Fiio E10 and nothing happens with an app like Spotify or Google Play music.

Cheers,
Matt
The Following User Says Thank You to kevin7954 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ToxynD
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scappers View Post
Hi,

Cheers,
Matt
Fiio E7 with USB OTG cable works.
The Following User Says Thank You to ToxynD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Emba4
Old
Thanks Meter 20
the ever astounding HRT Microstreamer will work, and it kicks the living crap out of a Fiio any day
The Following User Says Thank You to Emba4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

texaspledge
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I've used with a Topping TP30 and been very happy when using stock ROM.

Unfortunately now I'm on CM11 and USB audio streaming doesn't work. That's the price you pay for playing around with other ROMs.

Sent from my i9205 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to texaspledge For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]