5,596,857 Members 49,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Default Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (GT-P6210) will not flash or Factory Restore

Tip us?

Sydknee69
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Default Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (GT-P6210) will not flash or Factory Restore

I've been asked to look at a friends Galaxy Tap 7.0 plus (GT-P6210) tablet as they want it restoring to factory defaults.

I've tried the basic factory Restore but this goes through the motions and then when it reboots all previous apps and settings are back.

I've tried to flash the firmware from the Samsung firmware site using the SD Card method and using ODIN but still get the apps and settings back.

Think I'm ready to use it as target practice.

Anyone come across this before?

Seems like it is locked in some way but no idea how. I've not had much experience with Samsung's just cheap nasty Arnova tablets.

Cheers

matthys
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydknee69 View Post
I've been asked to look at a friends Galaxy Tap 7.0 plus (GT-P6210) tablet as they want it restoring to factory defaults.

I've tried the basic factory Restore but this goes through the motions and then when it reboots all previous apps and settings are back.

I've tried to flash the firmware from the Samsung firmware site using the SD Card method and using ODIN but still get the apps and settings back.

Seems like it is locked in some way but no idea how. I've not had much experience with Samsung's just cheap nasty Arnova tablets.

Cheers
Have you tied upgrading to jelly bean official or a stable rom ?
On what android version are you currently your not giving us any info about what is on the device

Have you tried upgrading to jellybean and then factory reset ? on what OS version are you on now

Sydknee69
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthys View Post
Have you tied upgrading to jelly bean official or a stable rom ?
On what android version are you currently your not giving us any info about what is on the device

Have you tried upgrading to jellybean and then factory reset ? on what OS version are you on now
Tried a few different versions but nothing works, the original comes back.

Old
Thanks Meter 0
Factory reset from recovery mode never failed me. Or unless after u factory reset it and the google acc u log in from the tab sync back all the apps installed on it before.

amritcha
Old
(Last edited by amritcha; 31st January 2014 at 04:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1809 View Post
Factory reset from recovery mode never failed me. Or unless after u factory reset it and the google acc u log in from the tab sync back all the apps installed on it before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydknee69 View Post

Cheers
friend ur phone bootloader is locked ..so u first need to unlock ur bootloader then only u can upgrade or install any other roms ..u google it n u surely will find the solution ..sorry i can't send u the file coz i don't have the file anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to amritcha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]