Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Default Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (GT-P6210) will not flash or Factory Restore

OP Sydknee69

21st January 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I've been asked to look at a friends Galaxy Tap 7.0 plus (GT-P6210) tablet as they want it restoring to factory defaults.

I've tried the basic factory Restore but this goes through the motions and then when it reboots all previous apps and settings are back.

I've tried to flash the firmware from the Samsung firmware site using the SD Card method and using ODIN but still get the apps and settings back.

Think I'm ready to use it as target practice.

Anyone come across this before?

Seems like it is locked in some way but no idea how. I've not had much experience with Samsung's just cheap nasty Arnova tablets.

Cheers
24th January 2014, 06:37 AM   |  #2  
Flag george
Thanks Meter: 17

70 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydknee69

I've been asked to look at a friends Galaxy Tap 7.0 plus (GT-P6210) tablet as they want it restoring to factory defaults.

I've tried the basic factory Restore but this goes through the motions and then when it reboots all previous apps and settings are back.

I've tried to flash the firmware from the Samsung firmware site using the SD Card method and using ODIN but still get the apps and settings back.

Seems like it is locked in some way but no idea how. I've not had much experience with Samsung's just cheap nasty Arnova tablets.

Cheers

Have you tied upgrading to jelly bean official or a stable rom ?
On what android version are you currently your not giving us any info about what is on the device

Have you tried upgrading to jellybean and then factory reset ? on what OS version are you on now
24th January 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthys

Have you tied upgrading to jelly bean official or a stable rom ?
On what android version are you currently your not giving us any info about what is on the device

Have you tried upgrading to jellybean and then factory reset ? on what OS version are you on now

Tried a few different versions but nothing works, the original comes back.
26th January 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #4  

5 posts
Factory reset from recovery mode never failed me. Or unless after u factory reset it and the google acc u log in from the tab sync back all the apps installed on it before.
31st January 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1809

Factory reset from recovery mode never failed me. Or unless after u factory reset it and the google acc u log in from the tab sync back all the apps installed on it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydknee69

Cheers

friend ur phone bootloader is locked ..so u first need to unlock ur bootloader then only u can upgrade or install any other roms ..u google it n u surely will find the solution ..sorry i can't send u the file coz i don't have the file anymore.
Last edited by amritcha; 31st January 2014 at 05:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to amritcha For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread