Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Problem with Folder Mount - how to use it and fix it?

OP Rynkov

28th January 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #11  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 782

3,815 posts
Donate to Me
More
One is a ghost copy. The space is usable. Otherwise there would be no point. It has to remain on the internal otherwise the game would continue to redownload the files. You've done everything right.

I wrote a tutorial on how to use folder mount properly but so far as I can tell youve done it right.

As a rule of thumb, always check your internal memory in settings / storage before and after installation of the game / app.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th January 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Flag Białogard
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

One is a ghost copy. The space is usable. Otherwise there would be no point. It has to remain on the internal otherwise the game would continue to redownload the files. You've done everything right.

I wrote a tutorial on how to use folder mount properly but so far as I can tell youve done it right.

As a rule of thumb, always check your internal memory in settings / storage before and after installation of the game / app.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ok, following your instrukction i check my connections in Folder Mount. My game Deus Ex :
1) Internal memory ( checikng file size in Es Explorer ) - size 687,10 MB obb files + data 2,17 MB
2) External memory - size 687,10 MB obb files + data 2,17 MB

In Folder Mount my pushpin is green. I done everything correct follow instruktions found in the internet. Game is working but still dont understand WHERE IS THAT FREE SPACE ? Sorry maybe i am not to smart for that or it is to big work for my little brain :|

What type of partition i need to do on my microsd card?
Last edited by Rynkov; 29th January 2014 at 04:14 PM.
31st January 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #13  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 782

3,815 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynkov

Ok, following your instrukction i check my connections in Folder Mount. My game Deus Ex :
1) Internal memory ( checikng file size in Es Explorer ) - size 687,10 MB obb files + data 2,17 MB
2) External memory - size 687,10 MB obb files + data 2,17 MB

In Folder Mount my pushpin is green. I done everything correct follow instruktions found in the internet. Game is working but still dont understand WHERE IS THAT FREE SPACE ? Sorry maybe i am not to smart for that or it is to big work for my little brain :|

What type of partition i need to do on my microsd card?

You do not need to partition anything m8.

So long as you've followed the instructions and it's saying that you've not used any memory then youre good to go.

following exactly the same instructions i've installed several games and my internal memory has gone down by 0% which means that I have that space to use elsewhere, if i had not mounted them games to the SD card then I would have easily consumed my internal memory, as it stands I currently have around 9GB.

So as a rule of thumb, so long as your internal memory hasn't gone down after mounting compared to how it was before you installed the game, the mount has been a success.

Don't use the file explorer to check for size, you'll get a negative result from it and it's not accurate, afaik it has to report that the files are still there otherwise the game would reinstall itself.

Use the systems memory checker to see how much space is left.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread