Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,151 Members 49,529 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem with Folder Mount - how to use it and fix it?

Tip us?

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 737

DONATE TO ME
One is a ghost copy. The space is usable. Otherwise there would be no point. It has to remain on the internal otherwise the game would continue to redownload the files. You've done everything right.

I wrote a tutorial on how to use folder mount properly but so far as I can tell youve done it right.

As a rule of thumb, always check your internal memory in settings / storage before and after installation of the game / app.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1 - Galaxy S5

Rynkov
Old
(Last edited by Rynkov; 29th January 2014 at 03:14 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz View Post
One is a ghost copy. The space is usable. Otherwise there would be no point. It has to remain on the internal otherwise the game would continue to redownload the files. You've done everything right.

I wrote a tutorial on how to use folder mount properly but so far as I can tell youve done it right.

As a rule of thumb, always check your internal memory in settings / storage before and after installation of the game / app.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Ok, following your instrukction i check my connections in Folder Mount. My game Deus Ex :
1) Internal memory ( checikng file size in Es Explorer ) - size 687,10 MB obb files + data 2,17 MB
2) External memory - size 687,10 MB obb files + data 2,17 MB

In Folder Mount my pushpin is green. I done everything correct follow instruktions found in the internet. Game is working but still dont understand WHERE IS THAT FREE SPACE ? Sorry maybe i am not to smart for that or it is to big work for my little brain :|

What type of partition i need to do on my microsd card?

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 737

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynkov View Post
Ok, following your instrukction i check my connections in Folder Mount. My game Deus Ex :
1) Internal memory ( checikng file size in Es Explorer ) - size 687,10 MB obb files + data 2,17 MB
2) External memory - size 687,10 MB obb files + data 2,17 MB

In Folder Mount my pushpin is green. I done everything correct follow instruktions found in the internet. Game is working but still dont understand WHERE IS THAT FREE SPACE ? Sorry maybe i am not to smart for that or it is to big work for my little brain :|

What type of partition i need to do on my microsd card?
You do not need to partition anything m8.

So long as you've followed the instructions and it's saying that you've not used any memory then youre good to go.

following exactly the same instructions i've installed several games and my internal memory has gone down by 0% which means that I have that space to use elsewhere, if i had not mounted them games to the SD card then I would have easily consumed my internal memory, as it stands I currently have around 9GB.

So as a rule of thumb, so long as your internal memory hasn't gone down after mounting compared to how it was before you installed the game, the mount has been a success.

Don't use the file explorer to check for size, you'll get a negative result from it and it's not accurate, afaik it has to report that the files are still there otherwise the game would reinstall itself.

Use the systems memory checker to see how much space is left.
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1 - Galaxy S5