Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,177 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Q won't reconnect to network sometimes

Tip us?

blitz_7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Q won't reconnect to network sometimes

I unplug the power to my CC after each use. More often than not when I power it up to use again it won't connect to my network without a power down and re-set up with my laptop. Any suggestions? Running eureka rom with netgear wndr4300 router.

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 762

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz_7 View Post
I unplug the power to my CC after each use. More often than not when I power it up to use again it won't connect to my network without a power down and re-set up with my laptop. Any suggestions? Running eureka rom with netgear wndr4300 router.
How long do you give it after boot up? Mine usually "misses" the first attempt to reconnect to my Netgear WNDR4500, but it'll connect on the second attempt (a few minutes afterward)
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

blitz_7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
I turn it on and I see it connect to my network on the screen. It then disconnects itself very shortly after. This is when I have to reset it back up.

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 762

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I turn it on and I see it connect to my network on the screen. It then disconnects itself very shortly after. This is when I have to reset it back up.
Interesting.
First I'd try using the HDMI extender if you aren't using it already - TVs have a lot of components that can block WiFi signal.

How far is your router from the Chromecast?
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

blitz_7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
I appreciate the help. It is about 20 feet away and I am using the extender. I bought the router a month ago and that's when my issues started. Previously I had an older netgear router with no issues except range issues.

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 762

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I appreciate the help. It is about 20 feet away and I am using the extender. I bought the router a month ago and that's when my issues started. Previously I had an older netgear router with no issues except range issues.
Strange. Is your router on/behind/near metal or circuit-laden devices?
Also, how it is oriented? Mine is standing upright on the stand, but it's also only 2 feet away from my main Chromecast, and just behind the wall of the other Chromecast (which is actually been problematic for me lately since the other TV is getting interference from the WiFi AP)
The Following User Says Thank You to bhiga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]