[Q] information overload

31st January 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brandon, Fl USA
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
More
I'm a noob on this site and to rooting and ROMs. I've been doing a lot of reading up on this subject as there are tons here and I thank you for that. My question is... For the first time rooter how important is it for me to know about things like aroma, virtualsd, partition building etc. I'm wanting to root my htc one to optimize it's performance. In thinking of a stock ROM such as goggle revolution 4.4 stock along with some apps to protect phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm no computer whiz but no beginner either and learn best while doing it hands on. Thanks for the help.
31st January 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 114

436 posts
More
First off, welcome

The topics you mention are not very important if you just want to "get the job done". Aroma is a GUI installer based on scripting, used to install roms with user options about apps, tweaks, etc..

Stick to the major guides on the subjects you want to explore (rooting, s-off, custom recovery, etc) - and if you stumple upon words, phrases or mentionings you cant make sense of, then take it from there, and google them (or, of course, look at XDA).

Thats what i did.

Kind Regards
TwinAdk
31st January 2014, 05:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Brandon, Fl USA
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinAdk

First off, welcome

The topics you mention are not very important if you just want to "get the job done". Aroma is a GUI installer based on scripting, used to install roms with user options about apps, tweaks, etc..

Stick to the major guides on the subjects you want to explore (rooting, s-off, custom recovery, etc) - and if you stumple upon words, phrases or mentionings you cant make sense of, then take it from there, and google them (or, of course, look at XDA).

Thats what i did.

Kind Regards
TwinAdk

Thanks for advice. I think I have the basics down now about what I should do and felt pretty confident until I started reading deeper. I'd like to learn all about these things eventually but I think starting at the basics is fine for now but will continue to learn more as I go. Thanks again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread