Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Clarification on rooting and custom ROMs

OP BioBot

31st January 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

73 posts
So my girlfriend has wants her S4 rooted. I have the S3 and its quite different as far as rooting goes. I am also on sprint whereas she is on verizon (although thats not such a big deal).

Anyways, what I would like to have clarified for me is this: She is currently unrooted with stock MK2. From what I have read you can only root and install compatible roms with safestrap. The main thing she wants is KitKat and possibly CM. Is there any way for her to get either of these. Also, would it be possible to revert back to stock and flash KitKat with the OTA from verizon when it is released?

Thanks for any help.
31st January 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #2  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,524

3,497 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioBot

So my girlfriend has wants her S4 rooted. I have the S3 and its quite different as far as rooting goes. I am also on sprint whereas she is on verizon (although thats not such a big deal).

Anyways, what I would like to have clarified for me is this: She is currently unrooted with stock MK2. From what I have read you can only root and install compatible roms with safestrap. The main thing she wants is KitKat and possibly CM. Is there any way for her to get either of these. Also, would it be possible to revert back to stock and flash KitKat with the OTA from verizon when it is released?

Thanks for any help.

There's no way for her to get KitKat or CM or anything AOSP. Hopefully the next OTA will have an exploit, but there hasn't been a cracked bootloader since the first version of firmware on the initial releases. Realistically, never going to happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread