Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,615 Members 45,555 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Music apt-X falters, stammers or studders

Tip us?

duduscoke
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Music apt-X falters, stammers or studders

So I have this Note 3 which I like a lot. Big screen to watch series in the train, although after a while I got pretty fed up with the chord of the earphones, expecially when I had to get up, swiched to music and had to stuff my phone in some pocket.

So I looked around for some nice Bluetooth headphones and came across a nice deal on the Sennheiser MM 550-X. Just stating the model for any chance that someone is aware of some faults in this product.

Now, overall the sound quality is fine, which you would expect because of the apt-X thing which both devices support. But what really annoys me, is the following.

While listening to the native musicplayer, the music sort of studders. Not all the time, but like one or a few times per minute and then not at all for a few minutes. Some faults sound like pops, but some are real pauses for like half a second. Especially with those longer pauses I can distinctly hear that the music really 'pauses' and that it is not just the connection which fails while the music on my Note plays on.

So I suppose it has something to do with the apt-X coding. I already tried rebooting, killing background processes, switching off wifi and mobile data. I also tried different music players. Nothing seems to help.

The only time when I have almost no problems is when I'm at home, with te phone lying still on the desk.

I have a stock rom.

Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this?

FeralFire
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by duduscoke View Post
So I have this Note 3 which I like a lot. Big screen to watch series in the train, although after a while I got pretty fed up with the chord of the earphones, expecially when I had to get up, swiched to music and had to stuff my phone in some pocket.

So I looked around for some nice Bluetooth headphones and came across a nice deal on the Sennheiser MM 550-X. Just stating the model for any chance that someone is aware of some faults in this product.

Now, overall the sound quality is fine, which you would expect because of the apt-X thing which both devices support. But what really annoys me, is the following.

While listening to the native musicplayer, the music sort of studders. Not all the time, but like one or a few times per minute and then not at all for a few minutes. Some faults sound like pops, but some are real pauses for like half a second. Especially with those longer pauses I can distinctly hear that the music really 'pauses' and that it is not just the connection which fails while the music on my Note plays on.

So I suppose it has something to do with the apt-X coding. I already tried rebooting, killing background processes, switching off wifi and mobile data. I also tried different music players. Nothing seems to help.

The only time when I have almost no problems is when I'm at home, with te phone lying still on the desk.

I have a stock rom.

Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this?

Try them with another phone?

duduscoke
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralFire View Post
Try them with another phone?
That's difficult, because I don't have a phone which supports apt-X available.

FeralFire
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by duduscoke View Post
That's difficult, because I don't have a phone which supports apt-X available.
Most phones these days support it.
Maybe a friend's?

Maybe the problem is something else entirely. You need to troubleshoot it.
I am just guessing, though. Never used bluetooth headsets myself.