Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 41,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [ANSWERD] Please help. My phone keeps restarting.

Tip us?

PeaceDealer
Old
(Last edited by PeaceDealer; 26th January 2014 at 09:20 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [ANSWERD] Please help. My phone keeps restarting.

Hello

I'm seeing this is happening to other than just me, and im wondering if its a fault in the s4?
The issue started after i did update to 4.3 (or whatever the latests update was).

I noticed that when it repports, the top-part of the screen is alot warmer than the bottom. The battery itself is barly warm at all. On the back, when the camera is facing me, the left side seems to get especailly warm.

Before having to factory reset my phone, i was wondering if there is anything else i could possibly do to fix the issue?

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,996

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceDealer View Post
Hello

I'm seeing this is happening to other than just me, and im wondering if its a fault in the s4?
The issue started after i did update to 4.3 (or whatever the latests update was).

I noticed that when it repports, the top-part of the screen is alot warmer than the bottom. The battery itself is barly warm at all. On the back, when the camera is facing me, the left side seems to get especailly warm.

Before having to factory reset my phone, i was wondering if there is anything else i could possibly do to fix the issue?
Hello mate try to check the Serial Number of your battery. If the S/N starts with BD, Then you need to change it right away. Or try with a spare one if you have and check if your problem will get fix If not then feel free to send your phone in Customer service for Repair Have a nice day.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PeaceDealer
Old
(Last edited by PeaceDealer; 26th January 2014 at 08:52 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
Hello mate try to check the Serial Number of your battery. If the S/N starts with BD, Then you need to change it right away. Or try with a spare one if you have and check if your problem will get fix If not then feel free to send your phone in Customer service for Repair Have a nice day.
Yes. The serial number does start with BD. Does this mean it deffect? It dosen't seem to be swollen, yet anyway...

Edit: Scratchc that, it is swollen

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,996

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceDealer View Post
Yes. The serial number does start with BD. Does this mean it deffect? It dosen't seem to be swollen, yet anyway...

Edit: Scratchc that, it is swollen
You can check this thread mate and Goodluck :P Dnt forget to hit that thanks Button for me haha thanks

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PeaceDealer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ofcause . Thank you very much for the help!

Inamati
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default I had that

I have experienced that several times and it always ended up beeing kernel problems, modem problems or other software related issues.