Trouble setting up VPN on Android.

OP Aarix

8th January 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Hello everyone, I looked around and have never came close to finding something remotely similar to this so I might as well just post it here.

I'm trying to set up the hamachi VPN on my android in hopes I'll be able to use ES file explorer to access my computer files SMB from anywhere since it worked with a friends computer to mine, I don't see why I can't apply the same principal there so I might as well try.

Anyway, it sends me the certificates in an email, I install them, turn on VPN, forces a passcode and yada, yada, yada,

The problem is save is always greyed out and it's become frustrating. I mean Hamachi gives you screen shots of what to insert the settings. It should be that simple, enter the credentials and hit save. But no. It's grey and not letting me save and I have no idea why.

Could be something simple but I couldn't find a solution. I've only seen like 2 webpages related to hamachi on android period.

Thanks in advance for the assistance,
31st January 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarix

Hello everyone, I looked around and have never came close to finding something remotely similar to this so I might as well just post it here.

I'm trying to set up the hamachi VPN on my android in hopes I'll be able to use ES file explorer to access my computer files SMB from anywhere since it worked with a friends computer to mine, I don't see why I can't apply the same principal there so I might as well try.

Anyway, it sends me the certificates in an email, I install them, turn on VPN, forces a passcode and yada, yada, yada,

The problem is save is always greyed out and it's become frustrating. I mean Hamachi gives you screen shots of what to insert the settings. It should be that simple, enter the credentials and hit save. But no. It's grey and not letting me save and I have no idea why.

Could be something simple but I couldn't find a solution. I've only seen like 2 webpages related to hamachi on android period.

Thanks in advance for the assistance,

I'm actually trying to do the same on my S4 with 4.3 os and I'm not even able to install the certificates. I got 3 of them in the email, hamachi.pfx, hamachiIntCA.crt and hamachiRootCA.crt and when I try to open them the system is asking me which program I want to open them in. Not quiet sure if it's just my handheld's settings but the instructions from Logmein state to just open them and they will istall automatically.
TIA

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Actually I got everything installed, just had a brain spazm before. LOL
Save is grayed out if you don't select a certificate for user and server. As soon as you select those from drop-down, save becomes available.
Now my only issue is it's not connecting, need to figure out what's going on.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread