Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One update gone bad

Tip us?
 
gartner83
Old
(Last edited by gartner83; 30th January 2014 at 02:17 PM.)
#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 324
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ljubljana
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex1825 View Post
OK, just one question more.
When I root phone again, I'll have in fact stock software except recovery, so I presume that I'll need to install that little guru reset ruu again after I get TAMPERED removed?

So, I need S-Off first.
then I need to get TAMPERED removed
then how to return S-On?
then again reinstall guru ruu
and here is biggest problem, how to lock it back to stand *** LOCKED *** since I won't have custom recovery and I'll probably get *** RELOCKED *** flag?

Cheers...
No, no, no. I mislead you, you don't have to have stock recovery, just that before this universal Rumrunner, you ROM version had to be the same as you firmware and that's it.

I guess I forgot about it. You DO need unlocked bootloader(you have this) and you DO need custom recovery to have SuperSU(root).

So, don't do anything else now. Flash custom recovery, root your phone and then continue to 2. in the guide(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2488772).

About tampered flag. Once you are S-off, you will remove this flag, and you will also be able to "LOCK" your bootloader. That's the magic of S-off, you can do this kind of things, but you have to be very careful, best is to copy paste exactly what guides say.

I posted this before:

Remove tampered flag:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2477792

More info:

http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/htc-remove-tampered/

Set bootloader to "LOCKED":

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2475914

More info:

http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/lock-bootloader/

Yes, you can S-on when you are S-off, but let's go slowly, first do these steps.
When you are S-offed you can flash RUU's and you don't need Guru's files. After you flash your RUU, then you will go back S-on(tampered is gone from before and your bootloader is "Locked" form before) and from there it's pure stock.
 
rex1825
Old
#32  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 46
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gartner83 View Post
No, no, no. I mislead you, you don't have to have stock recovery, just that before this universal Rumrunner, you ROM version had to be the same as you firmware and that's it.

I guess I forgot about it. You DO need unlocked bootloader(you have this) and you DO need custom recovery to have SuperSU(root).

So, don't do anything else now. Flash custom recovery, root your phone and then continue to 2. in the guide(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2488772).
OK, but how will I get back stock recovery if I lock phone, since it won't run OTA if recovery is not stock?

Cheers...
 
gartner83
Old
(Last edited by gartner83; 30th January 2014 at 02:22 PM.)
#33  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 324
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ljubljana
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex1825 View Post
OK, but how will I get back stock recovery if I lock phone, since it won't run OTA if recovery is not stock?

Cheers...
Answered in previous post - by flashing RUU while you are S-off. With flashing RUU you will downgrade you Android to 4.1.2 and form there you will collect all OTA's until you get to the latest OTA.

I also suggest that you DON'T S-on if you don't intend to send your phone for service. Leave it S-off.

You will be able to flash this after you are S-off:

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip-...decrypted-zip/

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex1825 View Post
OK, but how will I get back stock recovery if I lock phone, since it won't run OTA if recovery is not stock?

Cheers...
And you can also just flash you Guru file again to be stock and go from there if you want. But I haven't tried it yet. I always just flash stock RUU and update to the latest Andorid by OTA if I want my phone pure stock.

When you flash RUU, it wipes everything on your phone and then installs pure stock version of HTC Android. For me, it's the cleanest start, to have pure stock phone.
 
rex1825
Old
(Last edited by rex1825; 30th January 2014 at 02:43 PM.)
#34  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 46
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gartner83 View Post
Answered in previous post - by flashing RUU while you are S-off. With flashing RUU you will downgrade you Android to 4.1.2 and form there you will collect all OTA's until you get to the latest OTA.

I also suggest that you DON'T S-on if you don't intend to send your phone for service. Leave it S-off.

You will be able to flash this after you are S-off:

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip-...decrypted-zip/

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------



And you can also just flash you Guru file again to be stock and go from there if you want. But I haven't tried it yet. I always just flash stock RUU and update to the latest Andorid by OTA if I want my phone pure stock.

When you flash RUU, it wipes everything on your phone and then installs pure stock version of HTC Android. For me, it's the cleanest start, to have pure stock phone.
Well, I am willing to return it complete to stock with S-On...

What about this one?
http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip-...igned_2_4-zip/

Cheers and thanks
 
gartner83
Old
#35  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 324
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ljubljana
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex1825 View Post
Well, I am willing to return it complete to stock with S-On...

Cheers and thanks
Your choice but you will be sorry later. I was too, had to wait for a long time to do S-off again.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Everything you need is here:

(tampered, locked, flashing RUU zip files, s-on)

http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/return-stock-guide/
The Following User Says Thank You to gartner83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rex1825
Old
#36  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 46
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gartner83 View Post
Your choice but you will be sorry later. I was too, had to wait for a long time to do S-off again.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Everything you need is here:

(tampered, locked, flashing RUU zip files, s-on)

http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/return-stock-guide/
Mas pijaco ko pridem gor

Cheers and thanks...
 
gartner83
Old
#37  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 324
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ljubljana
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex1825 View Post
Mas pijaco ko pridem gor

Cheers and thanks...
Hehe, hvala. Samo da dobro urediš zadevo.
The Following User Says Thank You to gartner83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rex1825
Old
(Last edited by rex1825; 1st February 2014 at 01:16 AM.)
#38  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 46
Join Date: Jan 2010
Default Finally planing to do it...

OK, all done, tnx to you gartner83 and nkk71 guide to finish all...

Cheers...

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...