5,599,033 Members 31,831 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to install any app manually

Tip us?

arckingpin
Old
(Last edited by arckingpin; 18th January 2014 at 07:39 PM.) Reason: Incorrect spelling
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Unhappy Unable to install any app manually

I dont what i messed up but now when i click on any apk file using any file manager like root explorer or es file manager i get and error "Sorry,no application available"
1. i have tried reflashig the rom i m using right now CM11 unofficial android 4.4.2 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2525713)
2.apps downloaded from play store are installling automatically(as it usually does) and working perfectly
3.I am able to instally apk files as system apps (by moving it to system/apps folder and changing permissions and then rebooting the device)
4.I DONT WANNA DO A FACTORY RESET!!!!!!!
Plz help me out here guys....
I m really stuck...
I think package installer has stopperd working for some reason...
Is there anything i could do to fix it..
Is there any ALTERNATE packacge installer i could use?
URGENT HELP NEEDE!!

amplifyd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If you don't want to do wipe data factory reset, then I can say you're really stuck with that problem FOREVER!

awetsm
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by arckingpin View Post
I dont what i messed up but now when i click on any apk file using any file manager like root explorer or es file manager i get and error "Sorry,no application available"
1. i have tried reflashig the rom i m using right now CM11 unofficial android 4.4.2 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2525713)
2.apps downloaded from play store are installling automatically(as it usually does) and working perfectly
3.I am able to instally apk files as system apps (by moving it to system/apps folder and changing permissions and then rebooting the device)
4.I DONT WANNA DO A FACTORY RESET!!!!!!!
Plz help me out here guys....
I m really stuck...
I think package installer has stopperd working for some reason...
Is there anything i could do to fix it..
Is there any ALTERNATE packacge installer i could use?
URGENT HELP NEEDE!!
Dont worry doing factory reset, just back up your data and apps using titanium backup and simply restore them after doing factory reset.
The Following User Says Thank You to awetsm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CSP III
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by awetsm View Post
Dont worry doing factory reset, just back up your data and apps using titanium backup and simply restore them after doing factory reset.

+1

JazzVH
Old
Thanks Meter 7
When the apps from the playstore install without problem, i'd say your installer is fine. I've encountered this problem as well, but only if I was using the wrong file/wrong file extension..

arckingpin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
thanx a lot man!!
i backed up all my data and then did a factory reset with a rom and gaaps reflash...
all is working cool now!!

Mord Fustang
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by arckingpin View Post
thanx a lot man!!
i backed up all my data and then did a factory reset with a rom and gaaps reflash...
all is working cool now!!
Please make me the favor to tell me if gta - san andreas is working or not with CM11?
MORD FUSTANG