[Q] Nook Color w/ CM10 every App Crashes

OP JeanLucGuitar

30th January 2014, 11:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Greetings XDA Community,

First I must apologize I am certainly a Noob to anything "Root". I just purchased a Nook Color Used that came with CyanogenMod 10 installed. Tablet was quite laggy at first boot up, but after it installed all my google stuff and I rebooted, it seemed to run pretty well during setup and customization of homescreen and wallpaper stuff. Once I started trying to run apps, any would take FOREVER to even load. Especially Kindle (takes like 5 minutes).

Now the issue is EVERY app eventually freezes and I force close or it automatically closes and returns me to the home screen. Doesn't matter what the APP: google Chrome, Nook, Youtube, Words with friends, games, gmail, etc. Stangely though, the eBay app never crashes and runs really fast.

Can anyone help me figure out why m Nook color doesn't like any apps? Any suggestions? I will gladly share more information about the tablet if someone could tell me how to do it. Did I get a lemon?

BTW, I should note that I really just wanted to use this as a glorified e-Reader, didn't plan on doing tons of browsing, videos, gaming, etc. But, I can't get any of my books or comics to stay open for more than a couple minutes.
31st January 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Working better
UPDATE:

I tweaked the CPU Processing settings under the "Performance tab", navigation was much smoother and noticeably quicker.

Tried uninstalling, then rebooting, reinstalling, then rebooting Kindle, Netflix, and a couple other apps. The apps were still taking several minutes to load and would ALL eventually Freeze, or just close and return to Home screen. The 2 of 3 times the Kindle App wouldn't even load past the "Loading screen".

I chose to uninstall all my downloaded apps and find Earlier versions of them after I read that an older version of Netflix runs great. So, I haven't crashed an APP all day, including Netflix, Kindle, Nook, Chrome, Gmail. So, I am pretty happy so far. Web Pages in Chrome are slooow to render, so I install Dolphin Browser. Surfing the web is much better on Dolphin.

So far so good. Any recommendations for older/earlier versions of other Apps I should track down? Anyone else have this experience, where the most recent versions of APPS don't run properly on Nook Color running CM10?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread