Ask a question

No registration required

Fixed! Samsung perks issues

OP gooberdude

29th January 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71

357 posts
OK,I bought my device in mid November for Xmas gift. Since the beginning of the year, I decided to use one of the perks. Low and behold I am charged. I try to contact the company involved and they say that they only provide a limited trial. But Samsung states the trial period is much longer. I contacted Samsung abouot my issue, and wonder what I was not sent during my registration. I own many Samsung devices and have had my account since late 2008. So I know my account registered the device and should have had some details in regards to perks. The only thing I got was a one time webpage with a Google play code for my credits, everything else was just unlinked information for all new subscribers to the perks.

Has anyone dealt with perks and have any ideas to resolve such issues? I don't want to be charged for something I am trying out.
Last edited by gooberdude; 31st January 2014 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Done with updating
30th January 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

357 posts
Possible fix
Well, I finally an answer back from the second point of contact... they stated that they normally don't support tablet but offer support through phone service. Any way now I must call Samsung support to run through the issue one more time, so they can figure out what to do.
30th January 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

357 posts
Some head way
OK, got done with my call to Samsung.

I learned not to register the device through your Samsung account devices page. I have many Samsung items through the years, as I had learned it is easy to go and register that way.

The proper link is http://www.samsung.com/us/register-f...-perks/#note-8 for the Note 8.0

Also for some odd reason they want a google email account, which I never had until after registering. Take note that if you have an existing Samsung account, the email address needed for registration completion is your gmail email address.

I wish web developers had a brain, this is not the first time I have seen such a broken way cross linking account information, just annoys the krappa out of me.

Now to fix the issue with Samung Link unable to fetch account authentication information with my Samsung account. Yes, I deleted and recreated the Samsung account many many times. Just another annoying issue. (
30th January 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

357 posts
While waiting...
OK, while I had some time, I fixed my Samsung link issue... had to make it a system app. Samsung loaded PS Touch, and Samsung Link need to be kept as system apps. Though most of all the system apps can be removed and side loaded for Google Play to manage install/removal processes. I prefer it that way for reloads and memory management outside of using Titanium Backup. The less utilities to perform tasks the better. Somebody should do a right up on using built in function to perform most all needs, instead of finding more apps to do what you can do on your own and without rooting.

I doubt I'll ever fix the Video Hub issue... seems that it is getting info from Samsung servers about the device. If the device does not match the white list at the authentication server, your a no go at getting content. At one time the Note 8.0 was in the white list, now it looks like it is region select and will check firmware along with device.

I have an app to fake the ID and location, but Video Hub is not a concern just an odd app that has some interesting features that go beyond google play hardware requirements.
31st January 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

357 posts
Woopie! :o)
Samsung got me my perks rewards resent to my email address. The Google account that I had to make since I did not use goodle before owning the Note 8.0.

Now I am going to redo my account on which I paid a months subscription, so I can apply my perks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread