Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 45,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unauthorized software when booting to recovery

Tip us?

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2155

DONATE TO ME
Default Unauthorized software when booting to recovery

Specs:

SGH-i337
MDL Bootloaders
Running custom GPE KitKat ROM.
Latest TWRP Recovery

Here's what happened.

Decided to try out Beanstalk kitkat. Installed fine, but ran into signal issues when I loaded up the FMLD modem. Had the same issues when switching back to MK2 modem.

before using beanstalk, decided to try out Philz touch CWM. Didn't really like it, I made a backup of my GPE ROM and went ahead and installed beanstalk then installed TWRP. Hit some issues with the ROM and decided to go back to GPE. Had to switch back to CWM to restore the GPE ROM.

Once it restored, I reinstalled TWRP. Went to boot to recovery and get the unauthorized software warning.

I can still boot into the ROM, and can boot to DL mode. I cannot boot or install TWRP. Seeing that I contact flash any Zip files I cannot even install CWM. Is there any way to fix this short of flashing back to stock MDL with Odin? I am stuck. Read for about 2 hours... Can't find any answers specific to this issue.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lost in a paper bag again...

ted77usa
Old
(Last edited by ted77usa; 31st January 2014 at 06:56 PM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 3331

DONATE TO ME
Try push custom recovery.img using heimdall or repack custom recovery.img to tar files .....so u able to flash it from Odin. .... Goodluck

Swyped from MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition

scott14719
Old
Thanks Meter 813
Just a thought. Are you sure the custom recovery you are trying to install is LOKI'd?. You can try to install OUDHS CWM via terminal commands.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with your issue or not, but I read that people were having issues with certain versions of PhilZ CWM and the LOKI feature. They claim part of the issue involves corrupt backups that will not re-flash properly.
SGH-I337 (AT&T) 32GB
P-ROM (1st Gen.), De-Odexed, AMDL
Rooted
Auto-LOKI OUDHS CWM

Make sure you read and understand the "PINNED" threads in the "General" and "Q & A" sections of the AT&T S4 forum BEFORE you ask for help. Use the forum's "search" function to find posts with additional information. You should not expect others to help you if you haven't tried to help yourself first. Also, read, understand, and follow the "XDA" rules.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3161
Never tried it, but could you dd the recovery image, possibly twrp.

dd if=/system/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21

Do this at your own risk as I'm not that familiar with dd commands

graydiggy
Old
Thanks Meter 2155

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott14719 View Post
Just a thought. Are you sure the custom recovery you are trying to install is LOKI'd?. You can try to install OUDHS CWM via terminal commands.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with your issue or not, but I read that people were having issues with certain versions of PhilZ CWM and the LOKI feature. They claim part of the issue involves corrupt backups that will not re-flash properly.
Never had issues installing it before.

AFAIK, the recovery does not need to be loki'd the ROM does. The reason I say this is because I have never had any issues with older or newer versions of TWRP and because there are recoveries that Auto Loki a ROM that is being installed.

If it does need to be, then it should be loki'd because I am doing exactly the same thing to install it. The version is the same as before I changed to CWM.

graydiggy
Old
Thanks Meter 2155

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted77usa View Post
Try push custom recovery.img using heimdall or repack custom recovery.img to tar files .....so u able to flash it from Odin. .... Goodluck

Swyped from MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition
I will attempt these ideas.

graydiggy
Old
Thanks Meter 2155

DONATE TO ME
Also... It seems that as a result of this whole debacle, nothing involving xposed is working when it did before. Is this possibly related?