Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 53,248 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which root thread do i follow ?

Tip us?

starmaster10
Old
(Last edited by starmaster10; 29th January 2014 at 10:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince2709 View Post
Hi starmaster10, shayneflashindaily, thx for all ur help but i've come to a decision to maybe not bring u the trouble to keep helping me, currently i'm still facing that problem with occasional stuck at boot... so i shall just restore back to stock... i just need your help getting me my official firmware which is SINGAPORE XSP OR MM1if that is ok :/ ... my ip doesn't seem to allow me to access to download those links from any site... thank u
Okay i am downloading the stock rom now and once i get it downloaded and uploaded to my google drive i will post a link to the google drive so you can download then.

starmaster10
Old
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Hi starmaster10, shayneflashindaily, thx for all ur help but i've come to a decision to maybe not bring u the trouble to keep helping me, currently i'm still facing that problem with occasional stuck at boot... so i shall just restore back to stock... i just need your help getting me my official firmware which is SINGAPORE XSP OR MM1if that is ok :/ ... my ip doesn't seem to allow me to access to download those links from any site... thank u
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaster10 View Post
Okay i am downloading the stock rom now and once i get it downloaded and uploaded to my google drive i will post a link to the google drive so you can download then.
Update: Okay here is the link for your stock rom MM1-I9205XXUAMH2-20130923180556

vince2709
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Once again... Thank you very much

artnada
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaster10 View Post
Hi..you can just use Kingo Root from this thread which is really simple to use, but i see the link for the program is now working again in that post, but you can get the program in my post also here as it will work on your model of the mega and use either the CWM or TWRP recovery from Silesh.Nair post here and in his signature use the downloads link and once on the download site and then select Recoveries via Odin and then select Old and there you can choose either CWM or TWRP recovery to flash with odin (i use Odin 3.07) and flash the .tar file with Odin and check my post here on how to use Odin, hope this helps you out and if you need more help just post.
Sorry, this file is infected with a virus
Only the owner is allowed to download infected files.

starmaster10
Old
(Last edited by starmaster10; 30th January 2014 at 03:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 222
Quote:
Once again... Thank you very much
You are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artnada View Post
Sorry, this file is infected with a virus
Only the owner is allowed to download infected files.
Yeah google drive says that but the file is okay, i will have to change the link for that program to their site..darn them...will change that shortly.

Update: Link for the KingoRoot program has now been changed to their site and should be good to go now.

vince2709
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
hi again.. just asking, wheres the thread or post where the person showed a list of system apps that can be removed when rooted... im currently on stock and just planning to root not install cwm

trurl3
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
hi again.. just asking, wheres the thread or post where the person showed a list of system apps that can be removed when rooted... im currently on stock and just planning to root not install cwm
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...77&postcount=4
Samsung Galaxy Mega GT-I9205 with MegaFire MJ2 V11X

Be smart, keep your files one click away @Dropbox. Sign up for free!
Wakelocks got you down? Click here for solution.
If I helped - plese hit