Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Which root thread do i follow ?

OP vince2709

28th January 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #11  
starmaster10's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 245
 
775 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince2709

Hi starmaster10, shayneflashindaily, thx for all ur help but i've come to a decision to maybe not bring u the trouble to keep helping me, currently i'm still facing that problem with occasional stuck at boot... so i shall just restore back to stock... i just need your help getting me my official firmware which is SINGAPORE XSP OR MM1if that is ok :/ ... my ip doesn't seem to allow me to access to download those links from any site... thank u

Okay i am downloading the stock rom now and once i get it downloaded and uploaded to my google drive i will post a link to the google drive so you can download then.
Last edited by starmaster10; 29th January 2014 at 11:58 AM.
29th January 2014, 11:59 AM   |  #12  
starmaster10's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 245
 
775 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince2709

Hi starmaster10, shayneflashindaily, thx for all ur help but i've come to a decision to maybe not bring u the trouble to keep helping me, currently i'm still facing that problem with occasional stuck at boot... so i shall just restore back to stock... i just need your help getting me my official firmware which is SINGAPORE XSP OR MM1if that is ok :/ ... my ip doesn't seem to allow me to access to download those links from any site... thank u

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaster10

Okay i am downloading the stock rom now and once i get it downloaded and uploaded to my google drive i will post a link to the google drive so you can download then.

Update: Okay here is the link for your stock rom MM1-I9205XXUAMH2-20130923180556
30th January 2014, 11:56 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Once again... Thank you very much
30th January 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #14  
artnada's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gloucestershire
Thanks Meter: 105
 
428 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmaster10

Hi..you can just use Kingo Root from this thread which is really simple to use, but i see the link for the program is now working again in that post, but you can get the program in my post also here as it will work on your model of the mega and use either the CWM or TWRP recovery from Silesh.Nair post here and in his signature use the downloads link and once on the download site and then select Recoveries via Odin and then select Old and there you can choose either CWM or TWRP recovery to flash with odin (i use Odin 3.07) and flash the .tar file with Odin and check my post here on how to use Odin, hope this helps you out and if you need more help just post.

Sorry, this file is infected with a virus
Only the owner is allowed to download infected files.
30th January 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #15  
starmaster10's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 245
 
775 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince2709

Once again... Thank you very much

You are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artnada

Sorry, this file is infected with a virus
Only the owner is allowed to download infected files.

Yeah google drive says that but the file is okay, i will have to change the link for that program to their site..darn them...will change that shortly.

Update: Link for the KingoRoot program has now been changed to their site and should be good to go now.
Last edited by starmaster10; 30th January 2014 at 04:46 PM.
31st January 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
hi again.. just asking, wheres the thread or post where the person showed a list of system apps that can be removed when rooted... im currently on stock and just planning to root not install cwm
31st January 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #17  
trurl3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Warszawa
Thanks Meter: 177
 
632 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince2709

hi again.. just asking, wheres the thread or post where the person showed a list of system apps that can be removed when rooted... im currently on stock and just planning to root not install cwm

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...77&postcount=4

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes