FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

[Q] Just moved up to the s4

105 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By m4gkman, Senior Member on 31st January 2014, 10:22 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hey guys, so My s3 died two days ago and I just got my s4. Ive been looking at how to root, but it seems like its a bit more difficult because of knox? Im running current firmware with VRUEMK2. Thoughts on easy ways to root and unlock the boot loader?
 
 
31st January 2014, 10:24 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 343
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4gkman

hey guys, so My s3 died two days ago and I just got my s4. Ive been looking at how to root, but it seems like its a bit more difficult because of knox? Im running current firmware with VRUEMK2. Thoughts on easy ways to root and unlock the boot loader?

Root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758

Can't unlock the bootloader. Research Safestrap. It's your only option.
31st January 2014, 10:26 PM |#3  
m4gkman's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147

Root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2565758

Can't unlock the bootloader. Research Safestrap. It's your only option.

so safestrap is the only way ill be able to flash other roms?
31st January 2014, 10:31 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 343
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4gkman

so safestrap is the only way ill be able to flash other roms?

With MK2 build? Yes.....the ONLY way.
31st January 2014, 10:33 PM |#5  
m4gkman's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147

With MK2 build? Yes.....the ONLY way.

so hypothetically, if i was to do a factory reset, it would bring me back to the stock original firmware and i would have to re install ally he software updates. Which would be the best too stay on for my situation?
31st January 2014, 10:36 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 343
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4gkman

so hypothetically, if i was to do a factory reset, it would bring me back to the stock original firmware and i would have to re install ally he software updates. Which would be the best too stay on for my situation?

If you're talking about reverting to an older build, forget it. It's impossible. All of your questions have been asked and answered many times. I suggest you do some research. This is a good place to start. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2606501
The Following User Says Thank You to riker147 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, root and unlock, vruemk2
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes